Wiki Posts
Search

SFO Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2024, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP; Hawaiian Miles; WN Rapid Rewards A list
SFO Lounge access

I'm traveling on TAP from SFO to LIS in March in Biz class. My understanding is that I'll have access to the UA Polaris lounge. However, the Polaris lounge is on the G concourse while the TAP flights leave out of the A or B concourses. It looks to me that I'll have to clear security twice since you can't go between G and A/B directly?
Old Feb 16, 2024, 2:54 pm
zzm

Yes, you will have access to the Polaris lounge.
There is no airside access between G and A/B. You will have to re-clear security if you visit the Polaris Lounge (in G) and your flight departs from A/B.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 7:56 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Any idea if they have a contracted lounge for *G economy pax that don't have Polaris lounge access? Or would you have to use the United club and go back through security again?
Old Feb 29, 2024, 4:26 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, Amex MR, Chase UR
China Airlines lounge

Flying TP238 today out of SFO they are flying from terminal B for some reason. No United lounges anywhere close here. Decided to use Priority Pass. Walked in to China Airlines lounge and before I could mention Priority Pass, they ask if I'm flying TAP Business. I say yes, and they ask for my boarding pass. They scan it and let me in. Another attendant seems confused and privately asks the manager if she needs my Priority Pass (they don’t). Seems like perhaps some sort of last minute lounge contract. I imagine flying out of B gates was not the way it was originally planned.

Very disappointed I got stuck with China Airlines lounge instead of Polaris lounge 😑
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:45 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
The SFO website suggests that TAP operate from G, so what has changed?
Old Mar 1, 2024, 6:20 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by N1120A
The SFO website suggests that TAP operate from G, so what has changed?
I believe SFO recently opened new international gates in the B pier after renovations, so (as far as I've seen) TP, TK, and BR seemed to have there in the last few months. Maybe the G gates were getting crowded?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP; Hawaiian Miles; WN Rapid Rewards A list
Flying on TAP today at SFO. As zzm said, if you’re traveling in J class you still do have access to the united Polaris lounge even though the TAP flight is leaving out of A gates The checking in agent directed me to China Airlines lounge but I asked whether I could get into Polaris. She said she thought so and sure enough Im here.. It’s a very slow day at SFO, so no delay to the G gates where Polaris is. If you’ve got the time, it sounds like it’s worth the effort given that the China airlines lounge has lack luster reviews

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.