Wiki Posts
Search

Bringing/Using a Cpap onboard

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2023, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Bringing/Using a Cpap onboard

Hi TAP experts!

Travelling from Rio to the UK (via LIS) in January.

I’ll be bringing my Cpap on as cabin baggage (travelling in J) - I generally have found that I need to inform the airline that I am travelling with a CPAP machine (and in this case an FSA compliant battery) - I have used the customer service contact form on the TAP site to ask them what information they need exactly, but that was two weeks ago and I have had no reply.

I can’t find anything on the site to give me any info (it’s not the best site). Does anyone have any experience, or have a link so I can give them proper notification that I will be carrying and hopefully using essential medical kit?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 30, 2023, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
This was just discussed in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35620282-post87.html
Old Sep 30, 2023, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by duvin
Thanks, I have used the email addy quoted there
Old Oct 25, 2023, 8:13 am

Just adding a data point, I had better luck reaching them using facebook messenger than the customer service contact.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coastgirl
Just adding a data point, I had better luck reaching them using facebook messenger than the customer service contact.
I used the email addy and after a few q’s all cleared

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.