Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing flight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2023, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Changing flight

I’m looking at changing a flight. My fare says $300 change fee. I’ve booked executive
I found another executive fare. Paid $1900 , new fare $2200 Difference is $600 ( w/fee). Tap is quoting me $2250 and saying that I am correct with the $300 change fee but my fare is different. Anyone know why

this is what they said

For that option, the value to change at this moment is 2255.73CAD, the penalty is 300$ but you don't have the same fare available. This value can change according to the availability of the flights.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 2:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I suspect they are regarding your new reservation as being a change of brand, the CAD 300 fee applies to changes within the brand, and so if you were looking for flexibility it's best to look at Top Executive rather than Executive. Executive isn't marketed as changeable in the way that Top Executive is. We would need to delve into the precise fare basis and dates to be sure about that. There should be other dates you can move to without paying a lot extra. But I'm presuming you can get a refund for a CAD 250 fee? Plus over time availability may shift in your favor.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Yes there is a refund for $250 but that scares me as people are not getting their refunds from TAP I’m hearing
would u just cancel and rebook?
Old Apr 15, 2023, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Also this is coming up quick. May flight Vancouver-Toronto-Lisbon.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 4:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Brendacruise
Yes there is a refund for $250 but that scares me as people are not getting their refunds from TAP I’m hearing
would u just cancel and rebook?
I haven't had problems with my one and only refund, took about a week before it got to my account. I would do whatever works out cheapest.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Also

I'd like to put in some data points as well.
Two refund experiences, both thru FlyTap requested online. One was a within 24hr of booking, refunded in 3 to 4 days and the other one was a more than 24hr which took a week.

This was recent about 3 to 4 weeks ago from date of this post. Definitely surprised that I didn't have to call or even wait months. So at least for me it worked, twice.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Sorry, one more question I booked a one way stopover flight so I see on the two different segments.

They say a change fee of 300 each- cancel $250 each . Although I asked the rep on Twitter about the change fee because it also says a change fee of 300 each on each segment and she said no it’s only 300 for the flight.
The flight is on one ticket code, but right on my ticket it does say that with the change/ cancel fee.
TAP makes me very nervous because of all the reviews I’ve read about them not giving the correct refunds.
Has anyone had any experience with stopover cancel fees on executive- one booking code?
Old Apr 24, 2023, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Cancelled booking. It said to check box if wanted refund returned to original form if payment which I did but then it took me to a banking info screen which I did not fill out?
is that correct?
Old Apr 26, 2023, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Sorry, one more question I booked a one way stopover flight so I see on the two different segments.

They say a change fee of 300 each- cancel $250 each . Although I asked the rep on Twitter about the change fee because it also says a change fee of 300 each on each segment and she said no it’s only 300 for the flight.
The flight is on one ticket code, but right on my ticket it does say that with the change/ cancel fee.
TAP makes me very nervous because of all the reviews I’ve read about them not giving the correct refunds.
Has anyone had any experience with stopover cancel fees on executive- one booking code?
The change fee is USD 300 per change (not USD 300 per flight/segment). Nothing to worry about.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Cancelled booking. It said to check box if wanted refund returned to original form if payment which I did but then it took me to a banking info screen which I did not fill out?is that correct?
You need to fill out the bank account information. TP doesn't send the money back to your credit card. I know from experience earlier this year when I cancelled two tickets and also suggested that TP refunded to the credit card used to pay for the tickets. I was asked for bank account details and the amount arrived within 1-2 weeks.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

So I did not fill out the bank info because it said check box to refund to original form of payment. But then I read they need banking so I contacted tap and gave them banking yesterday.
Today it was refunded to my cc. The amount I was expecting.
thanks for everyone’s help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.