Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Unbelievable TAP overbooked conversation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2022, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since

Yesterday’s (December 7) TP1442, CMN-FRA. Overbooked, looking for volunteers at $450 euros, not getting enough takers. A pair of women are possibly interested, and the gate agent told them, straight up, they could be put on this same flight, next day.

I was certain I misheard. Nope. It was being discussed on the bus to the plane. Wished I’d recorded it. I didn’t speak up because I was sure I must have mis-heard. Even so, in retrospect I should have asked “Was the strike settled?”

It was the only male at the gate; three other agents all women. Rogue agent?

Last edited by Mike Jacoubowsky; Dec 12, 2022 at 3:18 pm Reason: The flight was CMN-FRA, not LIS-FRA
Old Dec 8, 2022, 11:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
I was certain I misheard. Nope. It was being discussed on the bus to the plane. Wished I’d recorded it. I didn’t speak up because I was sure I must have mis-heard. Even so, in retrospect I should have asked “Was the strike settled?”
I am trying to work out what is odd about this? Given the strike I would be amazed if flights were not over booked since traditionally this normally causes a lot of no-shows. The compensation amount relates to EC261 so it is inline with what they would have to give when forced to bounce passengers.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I think the OP was surprised that the gate agent offerred to rebook to 8 Dec/today where TP flights are supposed to be cancelled; hence OP regretting not to have asked if the strike is cancelled.

Indeed TP1442 to FRA doesn't seem to operate today.
the810 and Harper50505 like this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I think the OP was surprised that the gate agent offerred to rebook to 8 Dec/today where TP flights are supposed to be cancelled; hence OP regretting not to have asked if the strike is cancelled.

Indeed TP1442 to FRA doesn't seem to operate today.
Correct. The gate agent appeared to have been intentionally deceptive by letting them believe they could fly out the next day on TAP. I’m flying 2:30am this morning on LH thanks to TAP. Not something I’m looking forward to.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 2:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Correct. The gate agent appeared to have been intentionally deceptive by letting them believe they could fly out the next day on TAP. I’m flying 2:30am this morning on LH thanks to TAP. Not something I’m looking forward to.
I see, and indeed that flight was cancelled, but TAP did operate TP578 and LH operated 3 TAP codeshares to FRA, so that wasn't an impossible proposal.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:11 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
2.30 am LH to FRA? Or the last flight was rescheduled to operate 8hrs later or you made a mistake. :-(
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
2.30 am LH to FRA? Or the last flight was rescheduled to operate 8hrs later or you made a mistake. :-(
DOH! Flight was CMN-FRA, not LIS-FRA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.