Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Could TAP's FPP be a good choice for this scenario?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2021, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

I need to pick a *A FFP to credit my upcoming trips to. I am reeling from trying to compare different *A programs with their complicated rules and poorly worded descriptions. Pretty much all the FFPs I checked so far had a deal breaker... is there any decent FFP left?

My upcoming trips (already booked but I didn't add FF numbers to any):

Dec 31-Jan 7 AMS-LAX in biz return, ticketed and flown on United (myself)
4 additional family members on the same flight, flying economy - I know United doesn't have family pooling of points but at least they have mileage transfer in case I am willing to pay for it.

Jan 23-Feb 4 AMS-BOM biz on Etihad

I have more flights during 2022, this is just the beginning. I expect to fly at least 40-60k miles during 2022.

So given these flights, and that my base is AMS, mostly fly EU-US and EU-Asia routes, can someone confirm or deny that crediting all of my flights to TAP would be a good choice? If not, is there a better option?

My main goal with a FFP is to earn *A upgrades. The last program I checked (Asiana) looked great, until I learned that point upgrades are pretty much limited to upgrading from B/Y, which makes them pretty much useless. I hope that's not a general rule in *A and some programs are better.

Thank you!
Old Dec 26, 2021, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Are you sure that you want to stick with Star Alliance going forward?
Old Dec 26, 2021, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Are you sure that you want to stick with Star Alliance going forward?
Not at all. With so called "loyalty" programs gradually being degraded to a sad joke, I'm not loyal to any airline. I am just looking for a program to credit my already booked flights (2 tix for me, 5 more for family) with the FFP that gives me the best bang for my buck.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
If you’re looking for elite status, Aegean’s program is pretty good when flying J on TAP - 1 EU-LIS-USA return in J can often be enough for *Gold on the A3 program.
renila and EU-US like this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrow
If you’re looking for elite status, Aegean’s program is pretty good when flying J on TAP - 1 EU-LIS-USA return in J can often be enough for *Gold on the A3 program.
Thank you! I will read up on their program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.