Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Skipping the last leg on an outbound flight. Possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA; GOL Smiles; COPA ConnectMiles; Marriot Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Guest Rewards Elite

Hi there!
Flying into LIS from the US on a RT with MAD as the final destination. We want to stop in LIS and take a flight on a different carrier to see another country. Will eventually end up in MAD for the return flights back home. Would it be possible to do this on TAP without them cancelling the return flights? I've done this before on a different airline, and they ended up splitting my ticket segments so that my return flight was cancelled. Wondering if TAP would do the same. Another option could be telling the desk agent when we arrive in LIS that we feel sick / had a change of plans, and can't make the final leg. That's worked for me before as well. Any experience or tips are appreciated.
Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No - return segments will be cancelled once you no-show for the MAD flight

You can try your luck upon arrival to see if the excuse not to fly to MAD gets accepted, but you need to have that segment removed from the itinerary as otherwise you will no-show for the LIS-MAD leg and the return segments will get cancelled.

I doubt that TP will be prepared to split the reservation and ticket into two separate o/w reservations/tickets. Why should TP do that and what would be your excuse to get it done?
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA; GOL Smiles; COPA ConnectMiles; Marriot Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Guest Rewards Elite
Originally Posted by SK AAR
No - return segments will be cancelled once you no-show for the MAD flight

You can try your luck upon arrival to see if the excuse not to fly to MAD gets accepted, but you need to have that segment removed from the itinerary as otherwise you will no-show for the LIS-MAD leg and the return segments will get cancelled.

I doubt that TP will be prepared to split the reservation and ticket into two separate o/w reservations/tickets. Why should TP do that and what would be your excuse to get it done?
Thank you for the reply. As I stated, another carrier did it for me before, but I acknowledge that it was probably a courtesy move on their part. Some carriers would be quick to cancel everything so you're forced to buy a new ticket to get back home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.