Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP US-Europe in Summer from $248 RT in Biz -- Will TAP honor these fares?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP US-Europe in Summer from $248 RT in Biz -- Will TAP honor these fares?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2021, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ac737
i was the same (booked a $1300 RT fare) so I’m pretty frustrated that I got the email (and the website didn’t show it either). Let us know what happens on your end!
Makes no sense that you got the e-mail as well. TAP has a special for RT Biz seats @ 999 euros often, which is basically what you paid. You'll find these more commonly on the Paris/NYC bond flights.

All my bookings got cancelled as well. But still, they should have honored these when it's very likely that a) you wouldn't be able to board as you lacked the proper docs as per covid times or b) these seats are very likely to go empty anyways. Oh well...
Old Mar 5, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingFreeYupie
Makes no sense that you got the e-mail as well. TAP has a special for RT Biz seats @ 999 euros often, which is basically what you paid. You'll find these more commonly on the Paris/NYC bond flights.

All my bookings got cancelled as well. But still, they should have honored these when it's very likely that a) you wouldn't be able to board as you lacked the proper docs as per covid times or b) these seats are very likely to go empty anyways. Oh well...
Yeah... it's just as LoungeLizardHugo said - awesome fares but not insane fares. I got ahold of someone from reservations who is giving me the run around and telling me to talk to Chase instead. And like the other poster, the TAP agent also said that there may be more guidance by sometime early next week. So I'm guessing I'm better off just chilling out and waiting a few days. I'm starting to understand why others have long posted about their annoyance with TAP (although the gentleman I spoke with was very nice and cordial)
Old Mar 5, 2021, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingFreeYupie
they should have honored these when it's very likely that a) you wouldn't be able to board as you lacked the proper docs as per covid times or b) these seats are very likely to go empty anyways. Oh well...
So TP can lose a ton for every flight while running near empty flights? Great business reasoning.
s777bg likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 5:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond , Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
So TAP cancelled the tickets very conveniently after 48 hours , so the 24 hours free cancellation window is over . I wonder who is playing smart TAP or Expedia ( or both) issuing credits which is clearly against the law and current regulations . Or they are so dumb and think people a will accept the useless TAP credits
Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:29 pm

These bozos cancelled a few regular economy tickets I bought too...
Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by ac737
i was the same (booked a $1300 RT fare) so I’m pretty frustrated that I got the email (and the website didn’t show it either). Let us know what happens on your end!
Huh... looks like they just cancelled everything anyone booked. WITAF.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

TAP is just an evil company, it's not just on the refund front due to covid-19, despite being bankrupt and bailed out by the PT Gov, they operate maliciously. Portugal and Brazil closed its borders stopping international traffic between the two countries. Obviously, a measure like this results on citizens of both countries stranded. What did TAP do? They scheduled a couple of "humanitarian" flights, charging these rescued passengers, 1800 euros for a one way ticket. Most of these individuals did have a flight previously booked with TAP that was cancelled, but TAP refused to move them to this "humanitarian" flight and wanted to charge them 1800 euros.

300 people were flown out of Brazil heading to Portugal and TAP made 540.000 euros out of an humanitarian flight.
hoipolloi likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 2:19 pm

So do we give them time to process refunds or just skip straight to the chargeback?
Old Mar 9, 2021, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by PrancingPonyGoldMember
So do we give them time to process refunds or just skip straight to the chargeback?
The former, of course.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
The former, of course.
For a short period of time, yes. They figured out how to cancel all the flights very quickly, they better figure out how to refund in the same expedient fashion, or I'll go to the chargeback. It's not reasonable hold our money for anything more than a few days. I'm not gonna play games with tap where they take weeks to refund.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by devans999
For a short period of time, yes. They figured out how to cancel all the flights very quickly, they better figure out how to refund in the same expedient fashion, or I'll go to the chargeback. It's not reasonable hold our money for anything more than a few days. I'm not gonna play games with tap where they take weeks to refund.
Feel exactly the same
Old Mar 12, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta
Spoke with TAP

Finally sucked up the hold time (40 minutes) and spoke with a TAP agent. We have two bookings we made that were canceled. One of them has been processed and we should have it within a few days. The other one hasn't been processed yet but should be within the next week.

We also have a third booking that we made and cancelled within a half hour. When my husband called on that one a week ago, he was given a reference number (that doesn't work on their website, of course). I asked whether I had a reference number and the rep told me to just use my flight reservation code.

For the two flights I called about, I feel optimistic since they had different statuses. 😂 I think my husband's is lost in the interwebs. I'm going to give it another week before we initiate chargebacks on our cards.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by cargalmn
Finally sucked up the hold time (40 minutes) and spoke with a TAP agent. We have two bookings we made that were canceled. One of them has been processed and we should have it within a few days. The other one hasn't been processed yet but should be within the next week.

We also have a third booking that we made and cancelled within a half hour. When my husband called on that one a week ago, he was given a reference number (that doesn't work on their website, of course). I asked whether I had a reference number and the rep told me to just use my flight reservation code.

For the two flights I called about, I feel optimistic since they had different statuses. 😂 I think my husband's is lost in the interwebs. I'm going to give it another week before we initiate chargebacks on our cards.
I'm in the same boat. I made 2 bookings where one of them I canceled within 24 hours after booking and the other was canceled by TAP. I'm thinking I will need to fight for the booking I canceled, funny enough.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by elrednaxela
I'm in the same boat. I made 2 bookings where one of them I canceled within 24 hours after booking and the other was canceled by TAP. I'm thinking I will need to fight for the booking I canceled, funny enough.
It's in TAP's interest to refund properly and quickly the error fares: not so much for other cancelled fares.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 8:16 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by PrancingPonyGoldMember
What's the benefit of giving these clowns more time to delay in issuing the refund?
I filed a chargeback as soon as my PNR showed no flights. This way, between TAP's refund department and Amex, I should see the money back before 2023.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.