Wiki Posts
Search

Stopover Duplicative Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2020, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Stopover Duplicative Flights

I booked a flight on TAP a while back SFO-LIS-LHR with a 3 day stopover in Lisbon; I now need to fly the LIS-LHR segment a day later. Cheapest ticket; based on looking at fares for LIS-LHR and fare rules for my ticket, it seems like the cheapest way to solve this issue is to just skip the LIS-LHR that is part of my long-haul ticket a buy a new ticket LIS-LHR on the next day. Will I have any issues if I do this?
Old Jul 31, 2020, 7:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No. What you can't do is book an impossible routing and yours is far from it.

But, just to be clear, your ticket terminates at LHR? No return or onwards segments from there? If so, the return or onwards segments will be cancelled when you no show for your stopover ticket.
JDiver likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Assuming that SFO-LIS-LHR is a o/w ticket (not a return ticket) you can do it.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 6:58 am

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Assuming that SFO-LIS-LHR is a o/w ticket (not a return ticket) you can do it.
Should be ok as long as you don't check through any luggage to LHR or tell the airline you plan to skip the last segment. Technically the fare rules might not allow it but they can't force you to take the last segment.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by FLYDCA
Should be ok as long as you don't check through any luggage to LHR or tell the airline you plan to skip the last segment. Technically the fare rules might not allow it but they can't force you to take the last segment.
He has a stopover (3 days) at LIS, not a connection. Thus, he can't check bags through even if he wishes to.
JDiver and SK AAR like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.