Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP Economy Basic seat selection, keep party together?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:01 am
Original Poster

I know I can't pick seats. There are six of us flying, from US to BCN, is it likely that we will at least be put in groups of 2?
​​​​​​
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
You can pick seats at T-3 before takeoff without paying.

If you're all on the same rez, TP usually tries not to split groups, so chances are - you'll be seated together if you check in early enough.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
You can pick seats at T-3 before takeoff without paying.

If you're all on the same rez, TP usually tries not to split groups, so chances are - you'll be seated together if you check in early enough.
Bear with me... I'm a little confused. If I check in early enough I'll probably be kept together, but at T-3 hrs I can pick my own seats?
So I have to decide which I want to do?
Check in early and hopefully be put together, or wait and hope there are seats still together that I can choose...
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Snooks130
Bear with me... I'm a little confused. If I check in early enough I'll probably be kept together, but at T-3 hrs I can pick my own seats?
So I have to decide which I want to do?
Check in early and hopefully be put together, or wait and hope there are seats still together that I can choose...
You can do both. Check-in online at T-36 (T-24 to/from the US) and you'll most likely be seated together. If you want to change seats to what's available, do it at T-3.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:40 am
Original Poster

You can do both. Check-in online at T-36 (T-24 to/from the US) and you'll most likely be seated together. If you want to change seats to what's available, do it at T-3.
Do I not print boarding passes at 24 hrs? Then go back at 3 and see if I can pick better seats?
Is there some step I need to skip at T-24 in order to allow me to go back in at T-3?

Thanks in advance for helping!
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:30 am

Do I not print boarding passes at 24 hrs? Then go back at 3 and see if I can pick better seats?
Is there some step I need to skip at T-24 in order to allow me to go back in at T-3?

You don't need to print the BPs when you check in, and there's always mobile BPs at most stations.
It will let you go back in at any time before T-1 to "Change Check-in".
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat

At T-3, when you try to checkin again if you change the seats you simply print a new set of boarding passes. Most airlines permit you to you go back and do the checkin process a second or third time.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:00 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
On separate PNRs, it’s possible to ask the airline to add a “TCP note” (to complete party, referencing the other passengers) in the “OSI field” (other services information). This has to be read by the agent, which makes it less than reliable, but it can be very useful during IROPS ((irregular operations) when there might be a cancellation or / and involuntary rerouting to keep everyone together.

This possibility isn’t particular to TP; it’s standard operating procedure on all, or nearly all, automated airline passenger service systems.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 8:59 pm
MrE

I'm curious if this means that TAP is releasing a block on seat selection for the 'low fare' tickets at T-3?

I flew EWR-LIS-ARN back in October 2020, and I have to admit it was a great flight. Busier than I expected however. I did end up buying an upgrade to the economy extra seats, but would have been happy with an aisle seat in regular economy I thought after seeing them. It was on a new A330-900.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I believe this info is outdated. As I recall it it is no longer possible to change seats T-3, but you have to ask at the gate. The system will auto-assign seats unless you have paid for ASR.

There is a newer/updated thread on seats in Y, including the possibility to change seats.

Last edited by SK AAR; Apr 27, 2021 at 1:12 am
Old Apr 27, 2021, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
I believe this info is outdated. As I recall it it is no longer possible to change seats T-3, but you have to ask at the gate. The system will auto-assign seats unless you have paid for ASR.

There is a newer/updated thread on seats in Y, including the possibility to change seats.
This info is correct.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 9:53 am
MrE

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.