Search

TAP Extra Bag Star Gold ANY fare

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

TAP Extra Bag Star Gold ANY fare

On the website it says that Star Gold
are entitled to one extra bag if the trip includes, on a single ticket, a connection between two or more Star companies
https://www.flytap.com/en-pt/baggage/hold-baggage

That's truly strange.

I could understand extra bag on discount HBO ticket is waived for only Victoria Gold but you only get an extra bag as Star Gold if you have a ticket between TAP and another airline? So booking a normal Plus fare or Business Class and you get nothing extra. I thought it was a basic Star Alliance rule to get extra bag (BC) or weight (PC).
Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It's to circumvent the fact that Star Alliance Golds no longer get a free bag at all on all TP tickets (all Economy Discount tickets come without any free baggage allowance, and with no entitlement for *G to check a bag for free).

Therefore, to avoid confusion, as long as you have a ticket that involves any other Star carrier - which will have at least 1 bag for free for *G - then TP will also give the same allowance, even if the *G is travelling on TAP Discount Economy and therefore not entitled to a bag on that sector.

However, the text you highlight above is NOT on the page you have linked to. Can you provide the link to the page?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
TAP has previous form on descriptions not matching practices. As irishguy28 stated, the TAP discount fares no longer include any free hold baggage allowance. This is following other StarAlliance carrier “light” fare rules. However, I flew last week on a TAP “Basic” and this week on a TAP “Executive” fare both including only TAP as carrier and both trips stated both on the E-Ticket and at Check-in the correct baggage allowance including an additional piece.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 12:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
So *A Gold members should buy the "Basic" fares to get the checked baggage, not "Discount" for domestic flights within Portugal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.