Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Does the TAP A332 (ex-Azul) still have "Economy Xtra" seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold

I can't seem to find a definitive answer on this; do the TAP A330-200 planes formerly from Azul (used on BOS-LIS and JFK-LIS) still have the "Economy Xtra" cabin from Azul, with 34" of pitch in rows 6-18?

There doesn't seem to be any mention of this on the TP website, though on the seat map for an upcoming flight the cost to reserve those seats is EUR35 instead EUR25 for the rest of coach (but they're not labelled as "extra legroom" row 7/24).

From what I gather, TP's other A332's that have been retrofitted have consistent pitch throughout (31", I think)?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I don't see premium economy mentioned during the booking process but I do know that TP is charging for seats across the board, meaning in Y cabin. I would not pay but rather select the seat during OLCI.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

I flew on this plane BOS-LIS last week, and can confirm that rows 7-18 do appear to have some extra legroom in coach compared to rows 19+. The seats are white, and the regular seats are blue.

Interestingly, when checking in for my return on the same flight, those seats were offered at EUR60 (the price for extra legroom seats) instead of EUR35. I wonder if, once they confirm the aircraft they are using for the flight, they end up charging more for the extra legroom.

On the return, I was able to buy-up to business at the airport, and I have to say those seats were great!
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seadan
I flew on this plane BOS-LIS last week, and can confirm that rows 7-18 do appear to have some extra legroom in coach compared to rows 19+. The seats are white, and the regular seats are blue.

Interestingly, when checking in for my return on the same flight, those seats were offered at EUR60 (the price for extra legroom seats) instead of EUR35. I wonder if, once they confirm the aircraft they are using for the flight, they end up charging more for the extra legroom.

On the return, I was able to buy-up to business at the airport, and I have to say those seats were great!

Business is always better. How much was the upgrade? You do know that the seats are free for certain booking classes! I think for Basic and Discount you pay for the seats
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Business is always better. How much was the upgrade? You do know that the seats are free for certain booking classes! I think for Basic and Discount you pay for the seats
399EUR for the upgrade at the transit desk in LIS (LIS-BOS flight). My minimum offer for bidding on an upgrade was 510EUR, so I'd say I came out ahead on this!

I believe I was on a tap|basic fare, so no free seat assignment for me. However, even with a free seat assignment, I think that only gets you the basic 25EUR seat, not the more expensive comfort/extra space ones.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seadan
399EUR for the upgrade at the transit desk in LIS (LIS-BOS flight). My minimum offer for bidding on an upgrade was 510EUR, so I'd say I came out ahead on this!

I believe I was on a tap|basic fare, so no free seat assignment for me. However, even with a free seat assignment, I think that only gets you the basic 25EUR seat, not the more expensive comfort/extra space ones.
Read this article, you may be right about prem economy:

https://www.businesstraveller.com/fe...ns-new-routes/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.