Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA T5 to TAP T2 connection

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:55 am
Original Poster

BA T5 to TAP T2 connection

Arriving 10:05 LHR from AUS and flying in F. I want to make a TAP flight out of T2 at 13:40. These are separate tickets.

I want to arrive in Lisbon before nightfall, so I purchased a separate economy ticket on TAP at a very reduced rate departing 3hr55 minutes after my arrival into Heathrow. If I miss the TAP flight, I still have the option of using the final segment of the BA flight leaving much later.

Is it possible to stay airside and move from T5 to T2? I am not checking bags.

I am aware of the carry on rules with some of the European airlines including TAP. I did not know how strict they are with enforcement of one per person for this coach fare. I will have a rolling bag for the overhead bin and a small duffel. I would not mind paying if they restrict me to a single carry on bag. If anyone has experience with TAP and carry on enforcement, please let me know your experiences.If I chose to have two carryons and need to check one at T2 due to carry on rules in the UK, what can I expect regarding customs, security, etc. Is it possible to gate check?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jpaxton
Arriving 10:05 LHR from AUS and flying in F. I want to make a TAP flight out of T2 at 13:40. These are separate tickets.

I want to arrive in Lisbon before nightfall, so I purchased a separate economy ticket on TAP at a very reduced rate departing 3hr55 minutes after my arrival into Heathrow. If I miss the TAP flight, I still have the option of using the final segment of the BA flight leaving much later.

Is it possible to stay airside and move from T5 to T2? I am not checking bags.

I am aware of the carry on rules with some of the European airlines including TAP. I did not know how strict they are with enforcement of one per person for this coach fare. I will have a rolling bag for the overhead bin and a small duffel. I would not mind paying if they restrict me to a single carry on bag. If anyone has experience with TAP and carry on enforcement, please let me know your experiences.If I chose to have two carryons and need to check one at T2 due to carry on rules in the UK, what can I expect regarding customs, security, etc. Is it possible to gate check?
There should be an inter terminal bus, though I can't say I noticed one for T2. But LHR's website claims it is there. However, this would require you to have your onward boarding pass. Either mobile or printed.

If you can't get your boarding pass, you would need to go landside take the Heathrow Express (free from T5 to Heathrow T2/3) one stop and get your boarding pass at the TAP counters.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
There should be a T5>T2 bus, though it may not be as frequent as T5>T3. You can check in online for TP 36 hours before the flight and get the BP.

TP is pretty lax with their carry-on rules. What you're describing should be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.