Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TP A330 & A343 Executive / business class seating notes, discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TP A330 & A343 Executive / business class seating notes, discussion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Trying to bump this up the board...any insights?

Originally Posted by Filler03
I know this is a Business thread, but I was hoping I could get some help/advice on Y.

My family and I are flying EWR-LIS in June. TAP website on my booking shows that it is a 330 with this seat map: https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/TA...us_A330_V2.php

Two questions: does this seat map correlate to TOL- TOR... and does anybody know if seats 30 D-G are truly "green" as it looks with extra legroom? When I tweeted TAP they stated that they were normal economy seats, but I don't know if they are just saying that because they are center seats and they don't see a more detailed map. Any insights?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Originally Posted by Filler03
Originally Posted by Filler03 View Post
I know this is a Business thread, but I was hoping I could get some help/advice on Y.

My family and I are flying EWR-LIS in June. TAP website on my booking shows that it is a 330 with this seat map: https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/TA...us_A330_V2.php

Two questions: does this seat map correlate to TOL- TOR... and does anybody know if seats 30 D-G are truly "green" as it looks with extra legroom? When I tweeted TAP they stated that they were normal economy seats, but I don't know if they are just saying that because they are center seats and they don't see a more detailed map. Any insights?
I am familiar with the Y cabin of these aircrafts: I've flown on ecah one from CS-TOL to CS-TOP, at least (my TAP route uses only CS-TOL to CS-TOR).

First thing to consider: I always believed that the Seat Guru configuration you quoted correlatet to CS-TOL to CS-TOM (not sure if the same goes to CS-TOQ and CS-TOR, however). But now I see that the Seat Guru is informing that this configuration has no on-board internet, while the V1 configuration has it (https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/TA...us_A330_V1.php). And I am sure that the on-board internet is offered only in the TOL-TOR fleet, so I am not really very sure about it (not an assuring info, I am sorry).

Also, the last time I checked the Seat Guru for these aircrafts, I did really not remeber the existence of TWO emergency exit doors just after each side the wings, which would be the apparent reason for the extra leg room for row 30DG, to be alligned with 30AB and 30HJ seats. And as far as I remember from walking to the back of the airplane, I really just saw one emergency exit door just after each side of the wings (you can see it here for CS-TOL: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8552029). So now I am really in doubt about this configs from Seat Guru.

Second: The problem here is that the cabins of these aircrafts are undergoing a cabin retrofit, and this not only for the C cabin, but also for the Y, which, I think, perhaps it will also represent a little change in these seat positions.

Most annoyoing is the fact that the cabin retrofit is not beeing done at the same time for these 7 aircrafts. CS-TOL, CS-TOM and CS-TON are already retrofitted and back to work and being used in almost all long hauls flights, and I have no idea how the Y seats are now!

CS-TOP have just come to the hangar to the retrofit and will be grounded at least until the end of May, which means that CS-TOO, CS-TOQ and CS-TOR, will be retrofitted only after that (perhaps CS-TOR is also already at LIS hangar for the retrofit, since it is not scheduled for the next days, but I did not see this information being confirmed).

In these conditions, you can never know which aircraft will be scheduled for your specific flight, at least until the end of the year, so I would not rely on these Seat Guru configurations and "green seat" informations!

You see, I have the same problem here: although I am searching for a C tcket for october, I just want to be sure that my flight will be operated by one of the retrofited aircrafts! I hope this long haul retrofit will be really finished until october and not until the end of year!

Last edited by criske; Apr 24, 2017 at 7:58 am
Old Apr 29, 2017, 3:56 am

I just booked two business class seats from LIS-EWR for the end of December. I am having a tough time figuring out whether or not we will be in retrofitted seats. Can anyone add any insight?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
EWR will either get the retrofitted seats or one of the two aircraft that have the lie flat seats.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
EWR will either get the retrofitted seats or one of the two aircraft that have the lie flat seats.
Thanks Oliver
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, Marriott Platinum, MPC Green
I am considering getting J tickets to ORY via LIS (with stopover) from YYZ. YYZ-LIS service will start in June. Does anyone know if they will use lie-flat seats on that route? Or does it depend on whether they are on schedule with the retro-fitting of all 7 aircraft currently planned to be retro-fitted?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:57 pm

Confusion regarding new TAP biz class

I'm going to JFK next April on TAP, and I'm hearing good things about the new business class. However, when I got to the seat selection after booking, the config was 1-2-1. This is not the new biz config, which is 1-2-1/2, but what's used in the Azul leased planes.
I got in touch with TAP, that said that the JFK flights will have the retrofitted planes with the 1-2-1 config. This got me even more confused. They are reporting that all the A330 will be retrofitted in time for my flight, but will they retrofit the Azul planes?

Seatguru isn't updated with the new TAP A330s yet.

Any ideas?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:04 am

TAP Air Portugal Seating Chart?

Wonder if someone can offer some insight on a new aircraft configuration in business class that I am seeing on my upcoming LIS-MIA flight (TP223) on Sep 4, 2017. Up until Monday, it looked like old business class without lie flight beds with 2x2x2 configuration on A330-200. Earlier this week I received notice from Expertflyer about an aircraft change (I had setup an alert) and now Expertflyer and TAP website are showing a new business class configuration with 6 rows in business with staggered layout (other routes with new business are showing 5 rows). I have seen photos of the new business class with 5 row configuration and understand there are some rows in center section that you are right next to your seatmate and trying to determine if this aircraft with 6 rows will have same seat configuration. Anyone suggestion a place where I can see photos of this particular configuration? We are a party of two and want to make sure we are seated together. We are currently in 5E & 5G. Can we expect full flat (180 degrees) and on demand video? Thanks for your insight.
Attached Images   

Last edited by johnkel1; Jul 21, 2017 at 7:14 am Reason: Adding another seating map
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:25 am

TAP retrofit

Originally Posted by johnkel1
Wonder if someone can offer some insight on a new aircraft configuration in business class that I am seeing on my upcoming LIS-MIA flight (TP223) on Sep 4, 2017. Up until Monday, it looked like old business class without lie flight beds with 2x2x2 configuration on A330-200. Earlier this week I received notice from Expertflyer about an aircraft change (I had setup an alert) and now Expertflyer and TAP website are showing a new business class configuration with 6 rows in business with staggered layout (other routes with new business are showing 5 rows). I have seen photos of the new business class with 5 row configuration and understand there are some rows in center section that you are right next to your seatmate and trying to determine if this aircraft with 6 rows will have same seat configuration. Anyone suggestion a place where I can see photos of this particular configuration? We are a party of two and want to make sure we are seated together. We are currently in 5E & 5G. Can we expect full flat (180 degrees) and on demand video? Thanks for your insight.

johnkel1, In my two trips, I saw the configuration on the left. The middle seats aren't on the same line that the aisles seats. So, if you want make sure you are togheter, you must choose the middle seats. They are 2 seat by row. So 5E e 5G are side by side. On the right there are also seats side by side in two (2H and 2K for exemple) and also individual seats (3J).

You can see photos in passageirodeprimeira blog. Search in google for "passageirodeprimeira Nova Classe Executiva da TAP no A330".

Yes, the seats are full flat and there is video on demand (new and with good options).

Be carefull, in my last fight in buss, 4 weeks ago, TAP changes the aircraft (and my seats) 4 times near the flight date.

Sorry for my poor english.

Jorge
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:05 pm

I was on the new A330 lie-flats on a LIS-EWR flight on 8/5. I think it was a last minute switch, as some of the crew didn't know how to clip the shoulder seatbelt to the normal seatbelt (odd). I was expecting the angle-flats, so this made my day, and the 8 hour flight, a lot better. 3E had a cubby on the aisle armrest and a bit more privacy, which was nice, although it was a daytime flight.

The seats are as Jorge described, with the left side all singles, center section doubles, and the right side a mix of 1 and 2s.

As a random aside, the gluten free special meals in business on TAP were excellent! I also had OSL-LIS and my GF meal was actually better than the LIS-EWR segment. This was in standard European business style with a blocked center, but I had no one else in my row. Best two airline meals that I've had, ever.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:47 am

Anyone know what the status of the business class retro-fit is?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
We're scheduled to fly the J cabin from LIS to YYZ July 1, any idea is the retrofitted plane is serving Toronto?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Will TAP have lie-flats on YYZ-LIS A330s in 2018?

TATL J fares are very attractive ex-YYZ, but I wonder whether the A330s flying in 2018 are likely to have lie flat seats, versus the angled sleeper seats?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Assume not. TP seems to be substitute planes on a fairly regular basis, so even on routes where you think you are getting lie-flat, it's never guaranteed!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
TAP flies the new configs to the US of A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.