Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DENIED: No Fast-Track at LIS on TAP

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2012, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier Gold, AirBerlin Gold, Starwood Gold, Avis Preferred, CBP Global Entry
DENIED: No Fast-Track at LIS on TAP

The first time this happened, I thought it was a rogue employee and went on about my business. But last week I was again told that I couldn't bring a non-Star Gold passenger through fast track security, even though we were on the same PNR. Has anyone found a way around this? Granted the line wasn't horrible. But what's the benefit if you have to wait for your companion or use the regular line?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 6:11 am

the regular lines are not that busy in LIS. They move quickly.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by glasnost7
The first time this happened, I thought it was a rogue employee and went on about my business. But last week I was again told that I couldn't bring a non-Star Gold passenger through fast track security, even though we were on the same PNR. Has anyone found a way around this? Granted the line wasn't horrible. But what's the benefit if you have to wait for your companion or use the regular line?
It's an odd policy, clearly based on saving money without giving much thought to other implia cations. I think a number of airlines are not so pleased with ANA's charge for rthe fastrack service: I think BA do not give it to Golds travelling in economy.

I suppose the more thoughtful Gold passenger would go through the regular channe with his/her companionl, rather than wait impatiently for the companion to emerge from the security process.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier Gold, AirBerlin Gold, Starwood Gold, Avis Preferred, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I suppose the more thoughtful Gold passenger would go through the regular channe with his/her companionl, rather than wait impatiently for the companion to emerge from the security process.
Of course, that's what I did. And yes, the regular line isn't terrible. It's just annoying to find too many inconsistencies throughout the *A network.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 11:01 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
It's an odd policy, clearly based on saving money without giving much thought to other implia cations. I think a number of airlines are not so pleased with ANA's charge for rthe fastrack service: I think BA do not give it to Golds travelling in economy.
AF/KL doesn't give the "greenway" access to their C/CL pax or to their status pax either.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 10:21 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by glasnost7
Of course, that's what I did. And yes, the regular line isn't terrible. It's just annoying to find too many inconsistencies throughout the *A network.
Sorry, your statement regarding inconsistencies is plain wrong. Fast track security is not a published benefit by *alliance for its gold members http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/ .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.