Proposal: Airlines of Caribbean

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Proposal: Airlines of Caribbean

Hi all,

I would like have proposal to create new forums. It will be called Airlines of Caribbean forums along with airlines in Caribbean is: CU, JM, KX, BW, UP, and few other airlines is in Caribbean forums. This is matter where they need to be create new forums. This is perfect opportunity where will be good timer for me. I will guarantee for my members will have to agree with me. So otherwise, I am looking forward to hear from you guys to need discussions this thread. Thanks all.

Regards
Old Jan 29, 2009, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Hi N830MH,
Can you demonstrate a need (specifically, miles 7 points discussion) for this new forum, to justify moving the airlines from their existing forum?

Without demonstrating a need, I cannot support a new forum.
Q. Are there so many threads created by these airlines that the existing forum is a problem?
A.

Some data points on threads for these airlines would be my first requirement to consider your proposal. Perhaps you can see how similar spin-out proposals were run: e.g.
- Airlines of India TB thread;
- Airlines of Greater China TB thread.

Cheers,
BB

Last edited by BiziBB; Jan 29, 2009 at 7:02 pm Reason: Updated links to similar TB proposals/debates
Old Jan 30, 2009, 6:14 am
Suspended

It's nice of N830MH to think about the needs of the Caribbean community.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 7:53 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
I think this is a wonderful idea. I also think that N830MH should be the moderator of the new "Airlines of the Caribbean" forum.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by BiziBB
Can you demonstrate a need (specifically, miles 7 points discussion) for this new forum, to justify moving the airlines from their existing forum?

Without demonstrating a need, I cannot support a new forum.
Q. Are there so many threads created by these airlines that the existing forum is a problem?
A.
Agree. Can anyone speak to these issues? Is there really a groundswell of interest or is this another "gee that sounds okay" new forum requests?
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by tcook052
Agree. Can anyone speak to these issues? Is there really a groundswell of interest or is this another "gee that sounds okay" new forum requests?
Sure, absolutely! It will be great to create new Airlines of Caribbean thread. I'm sure this is perfect opportunity for me. This is good sound of the logical choice where we can discussions about Airlines of Caribbean. We haven't see it another forums for quite of the time. I'll guarantee if we are under consideration to create brand new Airlines of Caribbean community.

I think its keep good advantage where we can console it up. This is discipline where we will edge to be more carefully. I will keep be aware where we can have choose which one will be there.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I am not sure that there is a need for a Carribean thread, but I am biased as I've only been once and really don't have a plan to return unless there is a fantastic fare sale during non-hurricane season. But in general, I am for less forums than more.

If the TB does establish such a forum, I would hope that they would also establish that any moderator (if any is chosen by Randy) of the forum would have the right to change their FT title to "Pirate of the Carribean."
Old Feb 1, 2009, 11:22 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I am not sure that there is a need for a Carribean thread, but I am biased as I've only been once and really don't have a plan to return unless there is a fantastic fare sale during non-hurricane season. But in general, I am for less forums than more.

If the TB does establish such a forum, I would hope that they would also establish that any moderator (if any is chosen by Randy) of the forum would have the right to change their FT title to "Pirate of the Carribean."
Yar! Tis a bit early to be talking o' Pirates, me hearty! Fear not, I'll not be supportin' more forums without a clear, demonstrated need for 'em. Davy Jones' locker needs more company, not less. Yar!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:04 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
I'm a bit too busy to find the link right now, but this reminds me of a great debate I had with another FTer about whether the Caribbean was in North America (my position) or South America (their position) when a proposal was made to split the Other North and South American airlines forum in two.

In any case, from poking around a little it looks to me like Other North and South American airlines is a fine and appropriate place for Caribbean-based airlines.

But I'm open to being convinced otherwise.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I'm very accomodating when it comes to new forum proposals but this is a bit too "exotic" (to stick to the theme) even for me

I have to admit I'm not into the whole Caribbean thing but my own regional likes & dislikes can not and will not set the standard for my decisions on TB.

Though based on all candidates (airlines) have a current home and it seems they are visited & contributed to in average counts, I personally dont see the need for an own forum group. Others might feel different and I look forward to read some substantial proposals that would support the establishment of such a forum for the sake of evaluating the popularity

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.