Reload this Page >

Talkboard and the TOS

Talkboard and the TOS

Old Feb 4, 05, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Talkboard and the TOS

Quick question: Does the Talkboard consider revisions of the Flyertalk TOS within their scope of influence?

Thanks!
Old Feb 4, 05, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I don't believe that TalkBoard has ever taken a position on this question and imagine that if all members were to reply you would get quite an array of opinions.
Old Feb 4, 05, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This is why I was asking if the TB felt it was in their domain to influence changes to the TOS. If they did, I'd prefer to suggest my change through the board. If not, I'd just go the "Randy" route.

My preference (if that counts for anything) is to run my suggestion through the Talkboard, and hopefully receive their endorsement.
Old Feb 4, 05, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Sean, I would suggest that you post your suggestion here. I can promise you that whether I agree with it or not I will bring it to the attention of TalkBoard (possibly along with my pro or con recommendation).

That will allow TalkBoard to decide if it wants to handle such matters or if it considers them to be part of moderation (which Randy has said he does not want TalkBoard discussing).

I do feel that it is important -- even if only for future reference -- for TalkBoard to make a determination on whether the TOS is part of its responsibilities.
Old Feb 4, 05, 12:39 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
I don't see why we could not or should not discuss possible changes to the FT TOS. All we are going to do is give Randy our collective input on them anyway. He will have to make the decision to put our recommendation in force - whatever that is - regardless.

But, he has made it abundantly clear in the past that he does not want us to spend time on moderation issues. I suppose if he feels the same about this issue, he will tell us once he sees it being discussed or give us his opinion afterwards if he doesn't.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 4, 05, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks! I'll post my TOS amendment suggestion on another thread.