Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please disseminate to members

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2005, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Please disseminate to members

Jeff Johnstone, managing editor of InsideFlyer magazine, is writing a cover story on getting inside the mind of the frequent flyer miles collector. (Also affectionately known as the miles junkie or addict.)

I'd be grateful if you could please spread the word in your forums that anyone with a desire to share some insights on what the pursuit of miles means to them should please email Jeff directly at [email protected].

Specifically, we're curious about how chasing and managing miles impacts a member's work and/or family life...how many hours per month are spent in this pursuit...the most "insane" or creative thing ever done to accumulate miles...the reaction of friends and family to this "hobby," and is it in fact a hobby or an obsession?...Is this FUN for you, or are you driven by economic constraints to make the most of every dollar?...Are there any RECOVERING miles addicts out there, anyone who one day said, 'This is nuts, it's just not worth it.'?...How does a big ol' pile of miles affect your self-esteem, if at all?

I have pulled some fun and interesting threads and posts from the boards for Jeff, so please only respond with "FRESH" comments rather than referring me or him to prior links.

Humorous comments are always great, of course, but we do want to take a serious look at this phenomenon, so don't worry if you can't channel Jerry Seinfeld. Just tell it like it is!

Finally, if you reply with material for us to possibly use, please indicate if we can print your real name or if you'd prefer to stick to your FT username.

Thanks so much for all your help! ---Maria Higgins, online editor
Old Jan 17, 2005, 4:32 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Maria, you probably know better than me, but wouldn't this be better posted as a Flyertalk announcement? Kind of like the Flyertalk Cares thingee is now?

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.