Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

And The Winner's Are ......................

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

And The Winner's Are ......................

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2003, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Randy Petersen:

Starwood Lurker 3,108
gleff 2,306
Gaucho100K 1,702
missydarlin 1,306
kempis 1,300
Shareholder 1,104
</font>
Wow my crystal ball was rather well tuned on page #1 of this thread.

Commiserations to Kempis and shareholder, for #5 and #6 but I understand that precedent dictates that in the event of a resignation to TB the next next highest voted candidates(s) is offered the vacant position?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:

My guesses are that the following candidates will get across the line.

Have typed 6 names (in alphabetical order) as Randy said one spot was a line ball thing, where one vote could swing it either way.

Gaucho100K
gleff
kempis
missydarling
Shareholder
Starwood Lurker

</font>
All four ..... indeed all SIX IMO were perfectly suited FT'ers for the job, and I am sure they will add a great deal to TB.

All are experienced FT'ers who have all added a lot in their own ways, and just as important have attended (and even run ) FT Dooos.

-------------------------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 09-07-2003).]
Old Sep 7, 2003, 8:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I just have to say one more time...that I am ecstatic about the 4 new TB members.

From the time I became an FT member, I have read their posts and comments - from this I feel most comforted knowing that they will do a stellar job.

Again, CONGRATS to you four people that I hold in high esteem.

BIG HUGS & ALOHA...

------------------
Patrick A. Inouye, LMT
volunteer trip reports moderator
Old Sep 7, 2003, 10:30 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
20th - not bad eh!

Anyway, thanks to the 200 plus people who gave me their vote. Although I wasn't a winner this time, (or last time), it nice thinking that poeple too time to vote for me.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 8:31 am

I still havent understand that 1300 people voted on me. I would like to say a big Thank you.

I still feel like a winner since I have 4 great members ahead of me in the voting.

Good luck to the four members selected
Starwood Lurker 3,108
gleff 2,306
Gaucho100K 1,702
missydarlin 1,306

Would it be possible to find out how many FTers that voted?
Old Sep 8, 2003, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
I still havent understand that 1300 people voted on me. I would like to say a big Thank you.</font>
Well if it weren't for your vote and mine, it's only 1298!

Congrats again, to all those who won. And thank you to all those who ran and attempted to help FT out by being on the TalkBoard!
Old Sep 8, 2003, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Kempis - gleff's Math looks pretty realistic to me:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:

Wow -- add in votes likely cast for candidates who dropped out, and even assuming that ever vote cast (4) votes that probably means there were over 5000 Flyertalkers voting. Wow!</font>
Old Sep 8, 2003, 4:10 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by missydarlin:
If it hadn't been for Jailer's daily votes I wouldn't have made it.

</font>
MissyD, I merely vote my conscience. Of course, I’m a psychopath.
Old Sep 10, 2003, 2:20 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Randy Petersen:
Please welcome missydarlin, Gaucho100K, Starwood Lurker and gleff to the TalkBoard. I look forward to their input representing the members of FlyerTalk.

Congratulations to all. Complete results including the asked for vote tallies will be posted later this week.
</font>
Yay! Congrats gang!
I think you'll do a great job. I think the voters did win in this one

Best,

JD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.