Avek00 for TalkBoard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avek00 for TalkBoard

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2003, 5:30 am

avek00,
I'll vote for you if you promise to never post to FT again. Deal? This way you at least get one vote.

I wonder what color the sky is in your world?
Old Aug 8, 2003, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by transpac:
Follow this link to be truly disgusted...

avek00's idea of humor
</font>
Thanks for bringing that back... I had forgetten just how long this tasteless behavior has gone on.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Oh my!
Old Aug 8, 2003, 6:41 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by avek00:
Given that you are the ONLY person complaining about this, it seems that the court of public opinion on this issue is comprised of, well, just you. </font>
I would not assume that simply because ozstamps was the only person to respond, that the court of public opinion is limited to just him.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 7:24 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dsimon:
I would not assume that simply because ozstamps was the only person to respond, that the court of public opinion is limited to just him. </font>
I'm right there with ozzie.

Old Aug 8, 2003, 8:42 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dsimon:
I would not assume that simply because ozstamps was the only person to respond, that the court of public opinion is limited to just him. </font>

I am now a Ditto as well.

So sad!

William
Old Aug 10, 2003, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:

This is the 'Court Of Public Opinion' avek00. And you just lost hands down IMO. It is clear to me that you have not found a single thread to trot out to support your parrotlike fiction. Thank you for demonstrating that so rapidly.

</font>
It seems to me that the 'Court Of Public Opinion' verdict so far is ...

Voting for avek00's position - 1 vote. (From avek no less, coff.)

Voting against it - all other votes.

In most campaigns, this result is known as a landslide disaster avek00.

Thanks for reminding us of that incredibly tasteless 'The Bin Laden Group Responds to the Rejection of its Offer to Rescue United Airlines' link transpac. I had forgotten that one.

TalkBoard surely does NOT need folks who repeatedly claim such lowball stuff is clever and funny and appropriate to post on the Anniversary of September 11.
Old Aug 10, 2003, 9:37 am
Suspended

If elected, will you quit using the phrase "ad hominem"?
Old Aug 10, 2003, 9:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
Like flies to honey, FlyerTalk's habitual personal attackers have come out of the woodwork and into this thread. Thanks for again reminding the Community of your identities and your true FT motivations.

------------------
Thank you for choosing Continental Airlines, a proud member of the SkyTeam Alliance.
Old Aug 10, 2003, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

We have a rather differing expression here. "Like flies to s***".
Old Aug 10, 2003, 11:51 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by avek00:
Like flies to honey, FlyerTalk's habitual personal attackers have come out of the woodwork and into this thread. Thanks for again reminding the Community of your identities and your true FT motivations.</font>
How very Nixonian. It would have been better if you had gone with the Clintonian version (vast right-wing conspiracy, and all that).

Ultimately, your lack of response to legitimate questions and the your own posting history is far more telling than the "Oz-Wing-Conspiracy."

Again, are you going to explain your motivations, or write off those who question them?

------------------
Saving the world, one clue at a time.
Old Aug 10, 2003, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Like flies to honey, FlyerTalk's habitual personal attackers have come out of the woodwork and into this thread. Thanks for again reminding the Community of your identities and your true FT motivations.

</font>

I hate to say it, but you're your own worst enemy. I must admit, I was lukewarm towards you until people drug up posts from the past. Now, I don't know what to think. I can't tell if you're just not terribly funny, or just downright rude.
Old Aug 10, 2003, 2:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ClueByFour:
How very Nixonian. It would have been better if you had gone with the Clintonian version (vast right-wing conspiracy, and all that).

Ultimately, your lack of response to legitimate questions and the your own posting history is far more telling than the "Oz-Wing-Conspiracy."

Again, are you going to explain your motivations, or write off those who question them?

</font>
I have already offered explanations for every substantive and meaningful issue raised thus far in regards to my campaign. However, it is increasingly apparent that a select group of FlyerTalkers are hellbent on attacking or otherwise disparaging me at every turn, and I have decided that it is not in the best interests of either myself or FT to cater to their whims.

It is my sincere hope that the offenders will see the error of their ways and work towards IMPROVING FlyerTalk's quality of life instead of being a nuisance to the Community by attacking others. As per http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...000744-2.html, I have committed myself to a new era for FT which will see the net's premier community rise to even greater heights. If elected to the TalkBoard (and even if I am not elected), I plan to continue working both publicly and behind the scenes to foster this vision.

------------------
Thank you for choosing Continental Airlines, a proud member of the SkyTeam Alliance.
Old Aug 10, 2003, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is my sincere hope that the offenders will see the error of their ways and work towards IMPROVING FlyerTalk's quality of life instead of being a nuisance to the Community by attacking others. </font>
You might consider taking your own advice. (Two chances of that happening: slim, none.)

It is my estimation that ~ 95% of your posts in the UA forum cause a nuisance. (Note how many are locked down.) I'm pretty sure that is your intent. I honestly cannot remember a single post, in the UA forum, of yours where you tried to help anyone? Isn't that what FT is about? Or is it about something else for you?

Old Aug 10, 2003, 4:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by transpac:
You might consider taking your own advice. (Two chances of that happening: slim, none.)

It is my estimation that ~ 95% of your posts in the UA forum cause a nuisance. (Note how many are locked down.)
</font>
The bottom line is that the cause for most of the threads being locked down was not my postings but rather the INCESSANT ATTACKS BY A SELECT FEW. A review of the threads clearly indicates that it was the harrassment and flame baiting of posters like Ozstamps, OttoGraham, LastClass, and a few others which prompted the thread closures. While my commentary on those threads might have been somewhat controversial, the blame nonetheless remains with those who resort to ad hominem attacks due to their inability to formulate rational responses.

I admit that my views of UA are in the minority. However, I refuse to be silenced on account of a few frequent attackers who have already been booted off of FT due to similar transgressions in the past. FWIW, I believe that these people will likely continue their attacks until the next TalkBoard comes in and puts an end to the misery that are bringing to the Community.

------------------

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.