Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Something needs to be done

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2002, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Something needs to be done

I personally dont appreciate having to deal with rude moderators, and now since she has decided to attack another member in open forum, she ought to be banned from FT Community all together.
Here is the reference
quote:
---------------------------------------------------------
As far as Im concerned she should be suspended. If nothing is done about it just like everything else here at FT its a wonder that people leave to go elsewhere. IM not defending Doc for any reason other that Ive been attacked by this moderator and im sick of it!

[Note: This message has been edited by flyertalk]
Old Feb 26, 2002, 2:37 pm

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
Ernest - no offense but you are days behind on this particular quote and the last thing we need is for this to be rebirthed. I think you can count on the fact that Randy's attention is on this matter - it's really not a TalkBoard issue from my perspective.
Old Feb 26, 2002, 10:24 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
If we cannot post complaints here about members of TalkBoard - whom we elected - where are we permitted to complain about them. Or are no complaints permitted now?
Old Feb 26, 2002, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
This is not a complaint about a member of TalkBoard -- essxjay is not part of TB. Also, at this juncture, TB does not oversee the moderators, so I'd imagine this is why svpii said this doesn't really have to do with TalkBoard.

FewMiles..

------------------
[ FlyerTalkers' Resources on the Web ]
[ Unofficial Guide to AAdvantage ] [ Unofficial oneworld Info Desk ]
Old Feb 27, 2002, 12:30 am

FewMiles - ernest seems to have correctly identified essxjay as a moderator in his first line.

As the refusal by essxjay to withdraw or apologize for her comments seems to have closed both the OMNI and Randy Petersen Forum due to the furore that refusal created, and now the Buzz forum has been designated by her fellow Moderator as 'off limits' to raise the matter, where would you suggest ernest may have posted his thread?

And would not TB members if they so wished, be acting perfectly within their brief to draft a motion to vote on her recent behaviour, due to the very special role held by Moderators, and pass on the resultant vote to FT brass?
Old Feb 27, 2002, 2:38 am
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SkyMiler:

And would not TB members if they so wished, be acting perfectly within their brief to draft a motion to vote on her recent behaviour, due to the very special role held by Moderators, and pass on the resultant vote to FT brass?
</font>
I doubt it would make any difference. Randy has made clear that he and his crew will "deal" with TOS violations - that they are not is another issue.

Believe me, if the TB did have influence on TOS enforcement I would not have let an entire thread of insults against me (the one started by Shareholder) stay open.

I have stated that I am totally dissatisfied with the level of moderation and I stand by that, however, I am not the person who should accept this as criticism.
Old Feb 27, 2002, 3:44 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SkyMiler:
As the refusal by essxjay to withdraw or apologize for her comments seems to have closed both the OMNI and Randy Petersen Forum due to the furore that refusal created, and now the Buzz forum has been designated by her fellow Moderator as 'off limits' to raise the matter, where would you suggest ernest may have posted his thread </font>

I'm pretty sure that Ess's post was just a small part of the issue surrounding the OMNI removal. There was plenty of other bickering/whining/flaming going on. I believe the issue with Ernest's post was that the topic has already been brought up numerous times, by multiple users, several days ago. And now that the furor has finally started to settle down, he brings it up AGAIN in multiple forums.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Goldlust:
Randy has made clear that he and his crew will "deal" with TOS violations - that they are not is another issue.</font>
Whatever action Randy has or has not taken is between him, Ess, and Doc. Its none of our business.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ErnestB:
IM not defending Doc for any reason other that Ive been attacked by this moderator and im sick of it!
</font>
Ernest... You had a thread shut down by that moderator, don't you think that "attack" is rather inflammatory terminology?

[This message has been edited by missydarlin (edited 02-27-2002).]
Old Feb 27, 2002, 5:26 am

missydarling. I suggest you read the Randy Petersen Forum via this link as it too has been suspended from normal viewing, BUT the flames still burn brightly even as I type this. It is clear to me a simple apology from essexjay at some point in that thread Dorian started calling for some censure action would have settled the heat. And been polite. None was forthcoming, and that Forum and Omni exploded and were subsequently closed.

Old Feb 27, 2002, 5:42 am

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
FewMiles, You are correct that when you state
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">TB does not oversee the moderators, so I'd imagine this is why svpii said this doesn't really have to do with TalkBoard.</font>
And skymiler, when you ask
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Where would you suggest ernest may have posted his thread</font>
If one truly feels he/she is being victimized, my suggestion would be to email Randy directly. Posting anywhere on FT, when no one other than Randy is in a position to take action, will predictably yield no results other than discord - IMHO.

At the end of the day, as others have more eloquently written, this is Randy's sandbox. If his actions are not to your liking, you may always exercise your freedom to vacate the premises.
Old Feb 27, 2002, 5:56 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
missydarling. I suggest you read the Randy Petersen Forum via this link as it too has been suspended from normal viewing, BUT the flames still burn brightly even as I type this. It is clear to me a simple apology from essexjay at some point in that thread Dorian started calling for some censure action would have settled the heat. And been polite. None was forthcoming, and that Forum and Omni exploded and were subsequently closed.

</font>

And that would have been a fine plan subsequent to Dorian's coronation as king. Short of that, "a simple apology" is nothing more than a simplistic approach.

I'll never forget my basic laws of engineering. The one that comes to mind here is :

All complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers.

[This message has been edited by NJDavid (edited 02-27-2002).]
Old Feb 27, 2002, 6:50 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
No matter how complex the problem, the language used by ess is simply unacceptable. The fact that she is a moderator (who is supposed to prevent such language) makes it even worse.
Old Feb 27, 2002, 6:59 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PG:
No matter how complex the problem, the language used by ess is simply unacceptable. The fact that she is a moderator (who is supposed to prevent such language) makes it even worse.</font>
That being the case, why don't we take out a full page ad in the NY times, and describe what a terrible person she is.

Is that acceptable?

Do you feel a poor choice of words, without examining the circumstances, justifies Dorian's charge from the pulpit of the Only Randy forum, acting as God of Flyertalk?

Or perhaps, if action were needed, would an e-mail to Randy have achieved those goals. What was the motivation for the public trashing?

Believe me, it was far from an altruistic gesture.
Old Feb 27, 2002, 7:06 am

I guess only Doc can answer this. Did essxjay apologise off board to you?
Old Feb 27, 2002, 7:09 am
Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CoachClass:
I guess only Doc can answer this. Did essxjay apologise off board to you?</font>
And de he apologize to her for what prompted it?

Guys, this is getting dangerously close to re-igniting the war that caused the problem. Might I suggest we give it a rest?
Old Feb 27, 2002, 7:21 am

No Sir, but dangerously close to home perhaps.

The other question Doc may care to answer. Did NJDavid apologise off line for his abusive comments?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.