Reload this Page >

Instant Reply/Quote Notifications

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Reply/Quote Notifications

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by mia
When I use this feature it searches for threads containing posts made by every user with the string "mia" anywhere in the Username, rather than only for my Username.
Weird, it does the same even if the specific member number is named:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...36&mythreads=1
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kokonutz
I think you mean IF, not MP. @:-)
No, I mean MP. When I say from the beginning, I mean more than just a couple months, although it's true that IF has the same feature so far.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Weird, it does the same even if the specific member number is named:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...36&mythreads=1
I've had some strange results for Raffles the username versus Raffles the hotel (and also location, shopping mall, square, subway station, historical dude, etc. There also once was Raffles class on SQ).
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:32 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've had some strange results for Raffles the username versus Raffles the hotel (and also location, shopping mall, square, subway station, historical dude, etc. There also once was Raffles class on SQ).
You're talking about FT Search? Search on Raffles as a user name doesn't bring up thread titles with Raffles - only threads or posts by user names with Raffles. And searching thread titles forvRaffles brings up no posts or threads by user names with Raffles. I must be missing something?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
You're talking about FT Search? Search on Raffles as a user name doesn't bring up thread titles with Raffles - only threads or posts by user names with Raffles. And searching thread titles forvRaffles brings up no posts or threads by user names with Raffles. I must be missing something?
AFAIK normal search on FT doesn't just search for the search terms in thread titles, or am I missing something? You can display the results as threads or posts, but the search seems to go into the text and not just thread titles.

IIRC the problem is that if someone mentions (or quotes?) Raffles the FT member, that thread/post becomes part of the search results when one wants only Raffles the hotel, etc.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 9:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Yep, it shows posts made by 'Raffles or rafflesian or Raffles longhaul or raffles90210 or rafflesdude or RafflesHotels or Rafflessplace or Loving My Raffles'

vb search bug/feature, I suppose.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AFAIK normal search on FT doesn't just search for the search terms in thread titles, or am I missing something? You can display the results as threads or posts, but the search seems to go into the text and not just thread titles.

IIRC the problem is that if someone mentions (or quotes?) Raffles the FT member, that thread/post becomes part of the search results when one wants only Raffles the hotel, etc.
But I can't replicate that problem; searching for Raffles, "Search Titles Only", searching for threads only, I only come up with thread titles containing Raffles or raffles (search reduces all search term letters to lower case), and not any thread titles where raffles occurs in the posts but not in the thread title.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yep, it shows posts made by 'Raffles or rafflesian or Raffles longhaul or raffles90210 or rafflesdude or RafflesHotels or Rafflessplace or Loving My Raffles'

vb search bug/feature, I suppose.
But I can't replicate that problem; searching for Raffles, "Find post by user", checking Exact name, I only come up with posts made by Raffles.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:43 am

But I can't replicate that problem; searching for Raffles, "Search Titles Only", searching for threads only, I only come up with thread titles containing Raffles or raffles (search reduces all search term letters to lower case), and not any thread titles where raffles occurs in the posts but not in the thread title.

But I can't replicate that problem; searching for Raffles, "Find post by user", checking Exact name, I only come up with posts made by Raffles.
Try this one: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...es&mythreads=1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.