Class Action Lawsuit/Settlement Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Class Action Lawsuit/Settlement Forum

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:39 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I believe the chances for both a dating forum and a men’s forum appearing on FlyerTalk are more likely than this forum proposal becoming a reality.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
A sub-forum under an existing S.P.A.M. forum seems a reasonable compromise: as well, I have no objections for a Men's sub-forum under OMNI.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I believe the chances for both a dating forum and a men’s forum appearing on FlyerTalk are more likely than this forum proposal becoming a reality.
Maybe even an SA forum too?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by tcook052
Maybe even an SA forum too?

That's fine (SA--South African Airlines) with me, the more the merrier!!
Old Sep 6, 2015, 11:46 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
All of the concerns are valid, which is why I feel that this would be a good addition to the S.P.A.M. FORUM.
How do class actions fall within this description?

S.P.A.M.
Sites with Points and Alternative Miles, including referral bonuses, congas and any other loyalty currencies.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
How do class actions fall within this description?

S.P.A.M.
Sites with Points and Alternative Miles, including referral bonuses, congas and any other loyalty currencies.

The S.P.A.M. forum has many money making opportunists, so Air Help and consumer lawsuits would fit the bill.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:06 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I have long favored changing the name of S.P.A.M. to something more descriptive of its "Free Miles, Money, and Stuff" mission. I suppose class actions could be included.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by nsx
I have long favored changing the name of S.P.A.M. to something more descriptive of its "Free Miles, Money, and Stuff" mission. I suppose class actions could be included.
But do you actually support creating a brand new forum for class action lawsuits, whether it be for peanut butter or travel? If not, do you actually support creating a new sub-forum specifically for class action lawsuits, whether it be for peanut butter or travel, under S.P.A.M.?

I don't think there's a need for either a forum or a sub-forum. If the OP wants to discuss class action lawsuits, presumably a thread in Omni or S.P.A.M. would suffice.

Cheers.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by nsx
Pretty vague forum description which could include almost anything so I would not be in favor of broadening the S.P.A.M. forum to such a degree.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 11:06 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
But do you actually support creating a brand new forum for class action lawsuits, whether it be for peanut butter or travel? If not, do you actually support creating a new sub-forum specifically for class action lawsuits, whether it be for peanut butter or travel, under S.P.A.M.?
No and no. I am completely open to any S.P.A.M.-free renaming proposals:

Old Sep 8, 2015, 6:34 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Right now, the majority of threads in SPAM seem to deal with congas and information for either cash rewards or other point-based reward programs. But there are also freebies such as samples, coupons for free products, and free opportunities like admission to parks/museums/etc. I don't see much else other than those.

Would a good name for the forum be something like "Alternative Reward Programs and Freebies" with a description denoting it as the place for other cash reward or point-based award programs and free stuff? And yes, I think class action things would be fine in there.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by tom911
Didn't those pretty much go out the window when the smoker's forum was created?
I was against the smoker forum. I think that one actually made more sense and would be more helpful to the travel community than what is being proposed.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
... a sub-forum for airhelp.com ...
I think you mean: https://www.getairhelp.com/

I don't see any connection between this service and class action suits, but I suggest that you start a thread in the Europe destination forum describing your specific experiences, and see if it generates sufficient traffic to warrant anything more than a dedicated thread.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I think you mean: https://www.getairhelp.com/

I don't see any connection between this service and class action suits, but I suggest that you start a thread in the Europe destination forum describing your specific experiences, and see if it generates sufficient traffic to warrant anything more than a dedicated thread.

The reason I added AirHelp to the mix, is that it may get you cash benefits back as well. I am for, cash back for our members, whenever possible.

Considering, much of the mindset at flyertalk; in regards to maximizing "trick fares, etc. I am surprised so many on here, have such a attitude against litigation (for the member's own personal benefit)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.