Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Should 40 posts per page be the default?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should 40 posts per page be the default?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Well, that's fine. People always have the option to set the posts per page as low as they want.
I don't think so. Aren't our options just to go with 15 or to switch to 40 posts per page?

IMO there should be some options that make it extremely easy to go to a page with some particular post number. Both 15 and 40 are a bit awkward this way, versus 10, 100, 50 or even 25.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't think so. Aren't our options just to go with 15 or to switch to 40 posts per page?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/profi...do=editoptions

Its default/5/10/20/30/40.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Well, that's fine. People always have the option to set the posts per page as low as they want.
Yes, but only if logged in?

When not logged in, but using FT, is there really that option to set the posts per page as low as someone wants?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Yes, but only if logged in?

When not logged in, but using FT, is there really that option to set the posts per page as low as someone wants?
No. I don't really care about people who aren't logged in, though.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
No. I don't really care about people who aren't logged in, though.
Some FTers use FT when not logged in. And even the user-experience of non-members matter in helping convert people to become registered members of FT and use FT thereafter.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:52 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Some FTers use FT when not logged in. And even the user-experience of non-members matter in helping convert people to become registered members of FT and use FT thereafter.
I must be getting old here.
I am beginning to see the point and agree with GUWonder more and more.

Now to start getting ready for the next 100 years to read all forums participate and get to 70k posts.
On the other hand, it has already been posted.
Why log in when the analytical view has been posted in a concise well written manner as above.
Save my login and post count for something truly momentous.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:42 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Logging in results in posts you look at being marked as having been read so that going to the first new post avoids rereading stuff you've already seen.

Besides, the green dot is prettier than the blue/grey one.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:12 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by KennethHardy
Yes it depends, different forum sites has different capacity of posts per page. Its all set when we configure our website.
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Sounds like you have some experience with BBS and maybe vB? Off topic, but welcome and enjoy the fora.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:22 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 2:13 am
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by angatol
I used to have my account set to 40 posts per page but had switched back to the default and forgot why. This thread made me change back to 40 and I finally remembered. The problem is if you google for something on ft, the search points to, say, page 10 of a thread, which ends up being the wrong page if you don't use the default.
Then the default issue goes beyond making people aware that they can change the default to their own preference.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:16 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 12:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.