Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestion: Implement Entry Requirement for Manufactured Spending Forum

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:56 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Check this prior OMNI thread about the AA forum before it was cleaned up and it will give you some ideas of what snarkiness is:

Is the AA forum the snarkiest forum on FT?

One of the posters in that thread wanted a basic AA forum and an advanced AA forum, the same thing that several members have requested in MS.

Here's one quote where you could probably replace AA with MS today:

There do seem to be a lot of OP's on the AA forum from people who clearly don't/won't do their homework, or try to find info. on their own. I see nothing wrong with them being politely redirected to do so, and to return with a more specific question.

There also seem to be a lot of OP's on the AA forum from people who, in that same vein, start threads asking for info. that's CLEARLY posted on aa.com, if--again--they'd take the time to do a little searching.

If the person just refuses to do any of the legwork on their own, then yep, they do seem to get varying degrees of snaarkiness in return for their laziness.
Sound familiar?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:37 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Please avoid discussions of moderation theory and practices. While it is recognized that one of the solutions to the perceived snark problem may be tied to the moderators, that subject can only be noted in the most macro manner.

Thank you for assisting in keeping this thread on track.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:14 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by Moderator2
Please avoid discussions of moderation theory and practices. While it is recognized that one of the solutions to the perceived snark problem may be tied to the moderators, that subject can only be noted in the most macro manner.

Thank you for assisting in keeping this thread on track.
In that case, if any of you have suggestions on moderation practices that may help this situation, please PM us directly.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Question

so any updates here yet???
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by MasterCharge
so any updates here yet???
I don't think the Talk Board had any interest in a forum entry restriction based on the original proposal in this thread, so I would not expect any updates. Seems like more of a moderation issue as you'll notice from the last few posts above yours.

Originally Posted by wharvey
I know many will say that snarkiness can happen anywhere on FT, and it is true. But it is particularly prominent in Manufacturing Spending.

I would like to suggest that Manufacturing Spending forum have the same entry requirements as Coupon Connection.
If you want an entry restriction based on some other criteria, probably best to start a new thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.