Wiki Posts
Search

Renaming the Buzz forums?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mileageaddict
the current "buzz" names have worked fine for 15 years and are very established. They are unique so search engines identify them with flyertalk.

I see no reason to change the forum names but perhaps fine tuning the descriptions listed next to them would be a better way to go?
Excellent point! ^
Old Oct 26, 2013, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

changing descriptions might work, as TB creates some other new forums?
sometimes descriptions can be changed without TB vote.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Nice re: the dig Lucky for me my clients don't care what my email address is, just that I get the work done @:-)
if youre saying you (still) use aol email, so do i i didnt realize it was a joke/etc

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 26, 2013 at 5:00 pm
Old Oct 26, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
I happen to like the Buzz names for these forums and don't see any need for a change. We should definitely keep the names MilesBuzz!, TravelBuzz!, DiningBuzz!, and CommunityBuzz! ^
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
The current "buzz" names have worked fine for 15 years and are very established. They are unique so search engines identify them with Flyertalk.

I see no reason to change the forum names but perhaps fine tuning the descriptions listed next to them would be a better way to go?
I concur with the above comments.

Further, I see little reason to make this change (beyond perhaps removing "!") as it more than aptly describes the forums' true missions. Something such as "Miles and Points Resource Center" sounds more like a library of information than a living, breathing discussion forum.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by cblaisd
:dislike:

"Hot topics" seems overly sensationalized. Some topics are not "hot," but are nonetheless interesting precisely because they are amenable to being discussed with nuance and thoughtfulness rather than innuendo and sensationalism - which the word "hot" cries out for.

If you must fix something that isn't broken, imo, why not simply "topics" or some such?
I agree.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:40 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Based on the feedback in this thread there appears to be a consensus for removing the exclamation points. Beyond that minor change, which our Community Director has decided to implement, the Buzz names are staying.

Perhaps in future years someone will come up with compelling alternative forum names, or perhaps, led by FT, the term Buzz will return to fashionability.

I thank everyone who posted here for contributing to this discussion. jackal and I would have preferred other names, but we represent you, not ourselves.

If anyone wants to suggest improved subtitles for the Buzz forums, this thread would be an excellent place to post those ideas.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:50 am

I think this (the removal of the "!") is a good idea and shows how the discussion process here worked out quite well.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm glad that we reached clear consensus and were able to have the change (to remove those exclamation points!) made quickly. As I posted in the private TB forum, I was concerned that some people would want to retain the Buzz due to its long tradition here.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm glad that we reached clear consensus and were able to have the change (to remove those exclamation points!) made quickly. As I posted in the private TB forum, I was concerned that some people would want to retain the Buzz due to its long tradition here.
Your concerns were well placed.

I continue to think the name captures the essence of what the forums are about so (as indicated in an earlier post) I am very pleased with the outcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.