Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Proposal: Korea(s) Forum as a major travel destination.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposal: Korea(s) Forum as a major travel destination.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Great idea.

In fact, if it's in order, I'd nominate skchin to modeerate it.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:22 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I also support the creation of a Korea forum! Great initiative skchin!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I support this. Korea is a major destination for both business and tourism. There's a lot to talk about and it could benefit from having the information all in one place rather than trying to hunt all over FT for it.

Great idea, skchin!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
Having resolved the North Korea forum issue, then let's take a look at some of the things that make a successful forum.

It is obvious that you are passionate about this issue. Are there others who will also involve themselves in this forum to help make it successful?

I also reiterate my suggestion that you identify the number of threads over the last few months which would have been located in the Korea forum, had it existed. That is one of the easiest ways to demonstrate that there is an unmet need.
One thing I would suggest is making North Korea a subforum under the Korea forum. North Korea is very unique. Plus it could cause some confusion if it were lumped in with the South.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 9:35 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I would support this as well
Old Jul 27, 2012, 9:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm sick (physically, not mentally ) so only on FT for a few minutes, then going back to bed.

I'm neither for nor against Korea forum; need to spend some time on research.

I am against having a North Korea sub-forum, as I don't think it will have enough threads/traffic.

If a Korea forum is created, it can say in the description that it covers both North & South Korea.

Cheers.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:56 am

I support this motion, simply because the OP sent me a PM about it. But, what I would really like to see happen is some sort of meta forum created that permits me to see all threads related to Asia in one place (sort of like the old "Asia forum").
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by Superguy
One thing I would suggest is making North Korea a subforum under the Korea forum. North Korea is very unique. Plus it could cause some confusion if it were lumped in with the South.
I am not sure where confusion would be created. As you have indicated, North Korea is unique, so posters are likely to identify their posts as referring to North Korea. Also, there are likely only to be 3-4 threads a year on North Korea, based on past history.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 2:26 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
A Korea forum would be a welcome addition.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:27 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by NYBanker
A Korea forum would be a welcome addition.
Indeed, it would. +1
Old Jul 29, 2012, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Cholula
I'll fully support the creation of this new Forum.
Me too.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:43 am

i strongly support creating a distinct forum for korea (including north korea). in fact, i have a trip to korea coming up next month and a separate forum would have saved me a lot of the burden of digging for information that is currently spread across the asia, china, and japan forums (not to mention the gems hidden in the korean air, asiana, and hotel chain threads).

a korean forum can easily handle all of north korea threads, and will be especially helpful with the olympics coming up in six years.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
I support this idea - a great country with great people.

And if it gets created, the 1st sticky should be 'what to do on your xx hour stopover in Seoul'.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 9:14 am

Support this idea. However, north and south korean information should not be in one section. Sub forum is much better. People that doesnt know korea will be very confused when reading both countries bundled in one forum.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Bloodshot2k
Support this idea. However, north and south korean information should not be in one section. Sub forum is much better. People that doesnt know korea will be very confused when reading both countries bundled in one forum.
As mentioned earlier, NK gets 3-5 threads per year. IMO this isn't quite forum worthy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.