Motion Passed: Create a Peru Forum

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
And I make three.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not opposed, but not really for either.

Although folks are pushing for it, there are very few, IMHO, and I'm not 100% the other regional forum doesn't cover it.

I just don't see the demand as yet - so not sure how I'm voting for this one....leaning towards no, but will wait a little bit before casting a vote.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:02 pm
Formerly known as aepehrso

Programs: DL Silver, UA Premier, PC Platinum, HH Silver
Thumbs up

I vote yes. I just came back from a trip to Peru and could have used some specific know-how for planning the trip etc. I was in Argentina on the same trip and that forum was extremely helpful. Thanks!^
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by AlonaNOLA
I vote yes. ...
Unless you are one of the 9 Talkboard Members, you don't get to vote on TB motions:

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Per the TalkBoard Guidelines:

A motion shall pass if at least two-thirds of the yes or no votes cast by TalkBoard members are ‘yes’ and a majority of the total TalkBoard membership votes 'yes.'
Old Apr 7, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Bonvoy
I would love to see a Peru specific forum. I am going there in 8 weeks and given the sad state of FT's search functionality (talk about being stuck in the middle ages technologically speaking...), I have had a hard time finding good information.

FT members are among the best for giving tips, tricks and advice. This will be my first trip but it is a country that I plan on visiting regularly so I see a personal advantage to having a Peru specific forum.

Thanks for your consideration
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
In my opinion, Advanced Search works fairly decently these days. For anyone having difficulty searching on FlyerTalk, I heartily recommend the extensive and helpful thread started by Canarsie in the Technical Issues Forum: Basic Search Within a Forum on FlyerTalk.

One can also use this form to use Google to search FlyerTalk. Using keywords TalkBoard Topics Peru quickly revealed this thread.

UpperDeckJunkie, you will enjoy Peru, I suspect!
Old Apr 8, 2012, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by kokonutz
... this 'no-brainer' proposal it can get up and running well before the last TB member votes which, as I say, I can only assume will be at the very last minute.
Is this an admission that you don't have any brains, or just that you didn't use them here.

When I have my LIM connection next month, I'll be able to let them know "You were worthy of an FT forum" or "You aren't even worthy of an FT forum" and the masses will look at me with a strange amusement. They'll also wonder why it took years for a LAN forum, but only 15 minutes for a Peru one.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 10:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Support this motion. ^
Old Apr 9, 2012, 7:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
They'll also wonder why it took years for a LAN forum, but only 15 minutes for a Peru one.
Perhaps LAN lead the way . My opinion only & speaking just as an FTer, but maybe it's time to let go of the how long it took to get LAN passed & just enjoy the fact that it was passed & is now an active forum.

Cheers.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Just took a look at the SA destinations forum. Of the first 7 recent threads 4 were about Peru. Nuff said.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Ditto'ing DHammer's comment.

FT's utility in planning a Peru trip has been hampered by having to wade thru posts such as "I have 2 weeks for South America - can I do Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile and Easter Island in that time?"

Country-specific fora encourage focused questions, which leads to better answers.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Just took a look at the SA destinations forum. Of the first 7 recent threads 4 were about Peru. Nuff said.
That's because the Land of Silver and the Big Place With The Funny Language have already been split off.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Peru forum?? I vote yes! It's about time.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:49 pm
Ambassador: Peru
Original Poster

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
When I have my LIM connection next month, I'll be able to let them know "You were worthy of an FT forum" or "You aren't even worthy of an FT forum" and the masses will look at me with a strange amusement.
Though a "best airport" opinion is probably subjective, or varies with the experience of people, specially those based in internet votes, this may suggest you'll have a good time in LIM: http://www.worldtravelawards.com/awa...g-airport-2011
Just on transit, or will you enter the city?

They'll also wonder why it took years for a LAN forum, but only 15 minutes for a Peru one.
You can live in the past..
I do believe separate forums will motivate more posts than the current common South America. This may be a discussion like Who came first, the chicken or the egg?, but I wouldn't evaluate a new forum idea based in previous posts about it. I think the potential of the topic is far more significative, and a dedicated forum motivates more the activity. I have no idea if that happened when LAN forum was being evaluated but as SkiAdcock said, nowadays is an active forum, and a very active one.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Villavic
... and a dedicated forum motivates more the activity.
Yes, I agree, and I've been saying this for quite a long time. Fortunately, the current TB incarnation generally agrees.

And my typical stop in LIM is just transit. I probably visit the airport 6 to 8 times a year. If I'm in LIM any longer than 2 hours, I am probably quite unhappy as I'm delayed.

Now, for that Chile forum!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.