Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments Welcome: Voting Underway-Create Spirit Airlines Forum

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: peldow
Angry Spirit Airways

I think that no one should ever fly spirit or use their point program.
I made a mistake last year and acquired apprx 40000 Spirit point for both my wife and myselve. I recentlty used most of the points for a "free" trip. I booked 4 months in advance. With fees for telephone booking, I had to for us to fly together, reserved seats in the back of the plane, and luggage fees, 2 carryons and 1 checked bag, I paid over $700.00 for my "free" flight.
Never again Spirit!!!
Stay away from Spirit!!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:56 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in CUZCO, PERU
Originally Posted by peldow
I made a mistake last year and acquired apprx 40000 Spirit point for both my wife and myselve. I recentlty used most of the points for a "free" trip. I booked 4 months in advance. With fees for telephone booking, I had to for us to fly together, reserved seats in the back of the plane, and luggage fees, 2 carryons and 1 checked bag, I paid over $700.00 for my "free" flight.
Never again Spirit!!!
Stay away from Spirit!!
Welcome to FT! ^

(see, I TOLD you that having a forum to b1tch about Spirit would drive new posters to FT! )
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by kokonutz
(see, I TOLD you that having a forum to b1tch about Spirit would drive new posters to FT! )
Well, koko, if I were you, I wouldn't call a fellow FTer who signed up back in April 2009 as "new." YMMV.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: delta AA, United, BA Virgin, QR
spirit voting

I would vote for it if I could figure out how to vote. I clicked on the link and only get general pages. Anyway, down here in South Florida, Spirit is a really big deal plus or minus. To dismiss it, is kind of to dismiss the Caribbean and Central America.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by 3millandmore
I would vote for it if I could figure out how to vote. I clicked on the link and only get general pages. Anyway, down here in South Florida, Spirit is a really big deal plus or minus. To dismiss it, is kind of to dismiss the Caribbean and Central America.
General members are not able to vote on this sort of thing. Only TalkBoard members are able to vote on motions like this.

General members elect TalkBoard members each year.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by 3millandmore
I would vote for it if I could figure out how to vote. I clicked on the link and only get general pages.
FWIW, this is how TB works and who vote on TB motions.

Spend a few moments to learn about TB and TB Topics Forum so you know how and when to participate and voice your opinions in the future.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 4:59 pm

Yes vote

I didn't read all the posts concerning pro's and con's and I personally don't care for the airline because of a bad experience, but I believe information on airlines would be easier to locate if divided by name. Just my opinion.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:16 pm

Please note, this is my first entry into any flyertalk forum. The subject of Spirit Airlines caught my attention. I would vote NO for a separate forum. Of the airlines in the US, Spirit is at the bottom of my list. Any need to talk about them would be well suited to a general forum. Perhaps, someday, they will do something really worthwhile and we can "elevate" them. I flew them once, and that was enough - you know, the close seats, the carry-on bag charge, etc. So, I vote NO.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by anbrugo
Please note, this is my first entry into any flyertalk forum. The subject of Spirit Airlines caught my attention. I would vote NO for a separate forum. Of the airlines in the US, Spirit is at the bottom of my list. Any need to talk about them would be well suited to a general forum. Perhaps, someday, they will do something really worthwhile and we can "elevate" them. I flew them once, and that was enough - you know, the close seats, the carry-on bag charge, etc. So, I vote NO.
Did you ever think if there was a readily available Spirit forum with most other US airlines you may have found out how "bottom of your list" they would be and then maybe never even flown them and had that bad experience in the first place. The info about the close seats, carry on bag charges and everything else bad about them would have easily been available to you. This is why I continue to believe certain TB members have an agenda against airlines like NK, (see my earlier post for more details) that they will never fly.

I don't like NK much either, but they serve a purpose in the US air travel industry and have a niche. Their niche has a lot of problems in it and this is all information that should be easily available here on a community called FT and it's not unless you really know where to look.

Why having more information, whether good or bad about an airline such as Spirit, easily available to find is beyond me, but apparently not to some. Hopefully one day soon that will change.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:24 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in CUZCO, PERU
Originally Posted by lin821
Well, koko, if I were you, I wouldn't call a fellow FTer who signed up back in April 2009 as "new." YMMV.
Got him or her to de-lurk, though!
Old Feb 18, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Spirit should definitely have its own forum.

Their policies and fees are so wacky and dynamic it would be nice to have a forum to discuss
Old Feb 19, 2012, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by peldow
Never again Spirit!!!
Stay away from Spirit!!
Welcome to FT!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Motion failed...

On February 22, 2012, Talkboard failed to pass 6-3:

Create a Spirit Airlines forum.

Voting yes: kokonutz, nsx, RichMSN
Voting no: bhatnasx, Cholula, goalie, jackal, SkiAdcock, Spiff
Old Feb 22, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Unhappy To the Talkboard, That's the Spirit!

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
On February 22, 2012, Talkboard failed to pass 6-3:

Create a Spirit Airlines forum.

Voting yes: kokonutz, nsx, RichMSN
Voting no: bhatnasx, Cholula, goalie, jackal, SkiAdcock, Spiff
A sad day, for The Little Airline that Could. In my boyhood many thought America West would go down the tubes; however it would defy then and become a major, with it's own 747s to Asia. Who knows little Spirit; what will the future be, the growth and determination to be "Arguably the Best Airline in the America's", to the days of it's founding, as the Spirit of Spirit Air.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 4:10 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I'm really not sure what you're trying to say; maybe remove some of the surfeit of commas? Are you asking a question? Making a prediction? I just can't tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.