Wiki Posts
Search

Comments Welcome: Voting Underway-Create Group & Event Travel Planning Forum

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:30 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Pegasus23
Is there a provision to have a 90-120 day trial forum? Nothing like a pilot project to shake out assumptions, and diminish taking sides, etc. Let the post count of the new forum, Mods, FT board members, Members, IB get muddy and see what works.
There is no such provision. I share goalie's view that many questions are unanswered. Yet in this case the only way to get solid answers to most of them is to try it and see. Therefore I have (finally!) decided to vote Yes on this proposal.

However if this forum underperforms over the next 6 to 8 months I will almost certainly ask for a vote on removing it. That's the only way we can do a trial of a new forum. I hope both sides see this as a reasonable approach.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 4:30 am

Location: USA - HNL, SEA, DEN, ORD, MCO, and all points inbetween
Programs: Way too many!
Creating this forum is an excellent idea IMO.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 5:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Motion passed...

On February 11, 2012, Talkboard Passed 7-1-1:

"The Talkboard recommends the creation of a "Group & Event Travel Planning" - This forum will be place to discuss meeting, destination, and event planning. This is the place to help make sure you're maximizing your miles for your events and talk about the planning and execution of events."

Voting Yes: bhatnasx, Cholula, Jackal, kokonutz, nsx, RichMsn, SkiAdcock
Voting No: goalie
Did Not Vote: Spiff
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:00 am
Community Director Emerita

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/group...-planning-700/
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Thanks and now I can see it.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
BTW - if someone is going to the forum for the first time I would encourage them to click on the thread saying if know of any threads. hhoope01 is doing a good job of locating threads that might find new homes in this forum (see that thread), but he's also looking for suggestions. He's also going to create a FAQ for the forum.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.