Wiki Posts
Search

Talkboard passes more motions than it fails

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2011, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
By starting this thread I ended up giving you all another thread for electioneering , which actually wasn't my intent but is the result nonetheless.
Being the most frequently announced non-candidate for TalkBoard, I can assure you that I was not electioneering when I made my post (except, of course, for N830MH, and I have no idea of how he feels about this issue).
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Sharon, I'm trying not to electioneer, but this thread is an odd one and was posted right in the middle of the TB election month. Had you posted this in December, I don't think many of us would've done more than and moved on.
Or in October, although hopefully not everyone would but find some of the information valuable.

Didn't really think about the timing when I posted it. I was curious when people kept saying TB was hidebound, didn't pass stuff, and ended up posting results for 6 years. FWIW - I was expecting to see more fails than passes based on comments, so was actually quite surprised to see that passes were more than fails - and it was consistent over several years.

But I'll let you all get back to election stuff & posting in the candidates questions. I've been reading them all, and it's quite interesting. A lot of different platforms.

Cheers.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 1:25 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
...And in closing & to quote myself:

I believe that every person who runs and/or is elected to TB does so because they believe in FT, think they can contribute to it more than just posting in forums &/or want to give back in an additional capacity, and wants what is best for FT.

Sometimes things get passed, sometimes they don’t, and sometimes there’s not enough interest by either regular FTers or TB members to bring something to a motion/vote.

And - I totally respect all past & current TB members who gave/are giving of their time, thought, consideration, to help make FT a better BB. I might not have agreed with them all the time, nor them with me, but I think that all of us, whether TB or FTers, have FT's best interests at heart.

And it's a pretty good bulletin board for one's travels needs and questions, and it has an excellent community. 'Nuf said.

Cheers.
And your "Nuf said" is pretty good in my book on all points ^
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by RichMSN
I guess you need to hit me over the head with a 2x4, cause I'm missing your point.

I think there's room for people on TB who want to make a bit more of a difference than I think the past few TBs have made. Maybe I'm missing your point.
It wasn't my intention to vote for you (haven't made any decisions yet), but maybe I should.

That's tellin' him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.