Proposal: Aegean Airlines Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposal: Aegean Airlines Forum

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 5:13 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by travelkid
Great idea- but again radio silence from TB.

This is the Talkboard forum- and no one from TB cares to participate the slighliest

Maybe we should have 9 new on TB now and not 5? Whats the points serving if you dont
Just because no one else seems to have registered an opinion here lately doesn't mean they aren't reading the forum. The election starts in a few days and traditionally, this isn't a very busy time for new proposals. This proposal isn't even a week old. Feel free to keep whining if it suits you, though...
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Spiff
Just because no one else seems to have registered an opinion here lately doesn't mean they aren't reading the forum. The election starts in a few days and traditionally, this isn't a very busy time for new proposals. This proposal isn't even a week old. Feel free to keep whining if it suits you, though...
Oh, please! Be nice to your friend and you don't have to be extremely rude. Be more respectable and be more cooperative.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Thanks for jumping through the TB's hoops, PVDtoDEL! ^^
No problem

Regardless of whether it traditionally is a busy time for new proposals or not, FT members have elected you guys, and we expect you to participate. In fact, I'd think that since there are less proposals out there right now, you guys would have more time to deal with such proposals.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
No problem

Regardless of whether it traditionally is a busy time for new proposals or not, FT members have elected you guys, and we expect you to participate. In fact, I'd think that since there are less proposals out there right now, you guys would have more time to deal with such proposals.
I have been following this thread. However it's been less than a week since it was posted. I like to see community support and hear whar folks have to say when discussing a thread before moving forward with a motion. In the past, there have been complaints when the community wasn't given sufficient time to comment before a motion was made.

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Got something to say?

When a member pretty much just shows up here just to throw rocks or complain, you better believe I'm going to call them out on it.

Last edited by Spiff; Nov 2, 2011 at 11:12 pm
Old Nov 3, 2011, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I have been following this thread. However it's been less than a week since it was posted. I like to see community support and hear whar folks have to say when discussing a thread before moving forward with a motion. In the past, there have been complaints when the community wasn't given sufficient time to comment before a motion was made.
I certainly have no issue at all with not motioning immediately. More discussion is obviously warranted. What I am not happy with is the fact that TalkBoard members aren't participating in this discussion.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I certainly have no issue at all with not motioning immediately. More discussion is obviously warranted. What I am not happy with is the fact that TalkBoard members aren't participating in this discussion.
That's somewhat understandable.

My take is that Aegean is on the bubble. It's a *A member and it appears that *Gold is easy to reach, but most of the good information is already nicely kept in one thread. There are a number of threads in OEFFP about A3 but not an overwhelming number. I'm on the fence, leaning toward yes.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
+1

I support this. It may be a fringe interest but questions and subsequent discussions about A3 come up in all sorts of unlikely places including, for instance, the Grrrr Larnaca thread on the BA forum. It would be great to have a thread to direct people to.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:10 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
To word my argument better; The current A3-threads are overflowing with post of a few types, mostly concerning the milage needed to acquire *G, delivery time of the card, how well the A3*G is honoured around the world et.c. Also a bunch of posts like "can this really be true", "can I trick the system" and alike. Some of these questions are quite mindnumbing to answer repeatedly (even if most of the questions are valid for a newbie and some are not possible to get answered anywhere else)

The creation of a separate A3 forum, with the possibility to maintain a sticky FAQ, would probably initially decrease the number of posts as answers to such questions would be easy to find. While the decrease in posts may be an argument to not create the A3-forum, I do believe that other types of discussion will grow stronger in time with this change.

By removing the load for dedicated followers to answer again and again and by removing the clutter of posts for readers, there will be better room for other discussions to take place.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:13 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
This proposal is far more than a week old, as you well know.

It really is sad that the President of the TB calls posters 'whiners' for asking why the TB is not doing it's job even after requiring that posters, imho, do the TB's job for them.

You know what, you just motivated me to run for the TB again.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by kokonutz
This proposal is far more than a week old, as you well know.

It really is sad that the President of the TB calls posters 'whiners' for asking why the TB is not doing it's job even after requiring that posters, imho, do the TB's job for them.

You know what, you just motivated me to run for the TB again.
Good for you.

We're a volunteer, unpaid advisory board. We're not a punching bag for members to abuse when things aren't exactly as they'd like them to be, or when change/new ideas aren't implemented immediately.

This new suggestion, while revived, is indeed less than a week old. Not everyone is on FlyerTalk daily, nor do TalkBoard members have to comment right away when a suggestion is posted.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:29 am

My vote for a separate Aegean forum given that we have quite a big number of FF on the Aegean M&B program.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:39 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I have now read the earlier thread with proposal of A3 forum linked by kokonutz above, and from post#3 there are complaints of Talkboard. I don't think that type of discussion is beneficial to the proposed cause, and I do ask of all to keep that discussion in another more appropriate place.

PVDtoDEL have made a proposal, let's discuss the pros and cons of that proposal here.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:43 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by arahlen
I have now read the earlier thread with proposal of A3 forum linked by kokonutz above, and from post#3 there are complaints of Talkboard. I don't think that type of discussion is beneficial to the proposed cause, and I do ask of all to keep that discussion in another more appropriate place.

PVDtoDEL have made a proposal, let's discuss the pros and cons of that proposal here.
I apologize. You are correct, this is not the right place to vent frustration at the TB.

Sorry for side-tracking this extremely welcome proposal.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Got something to say?

When a member pretty much just shows up here just to throw rocks or complain, you better believe I'm going to call them out on it.
Why yes. But the pretty much said it all. I certainly didn't take the post as a "whine." It seemed to me to be a libertarian expression of ideas that was called a whine by the government of the IBB, a government which, save some very recent action, has been dearth in approval of legitimate requests for discrete fora.

I've been an active member of FT for about 12 years. I never had a clue that new proposals were seasonal. It should always be the season for new ideas. As one can see from the activity on the new LAN forum, if you build it, they will come. I don't know if I'd ever heard of Aegean Airlines but millions have, although not very North-America-centric, and every airline with a loyal following deserves the opportunity for a forum on Flyertalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.