Wiki Posts
Search

Forum activity statistics

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:42 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by jackal
This is something IB can change in the Google Apps control panel.
The author of the document should also be able to change this. I have a company-based Google Apps account and I am able to assign permissions as strictly or liberally as I want on every document I create.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:23 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by lo2e
The author of the document should also be able to change this. I have a company-based Google Apps account and I am able to assign permissions as strictly or liberally as I want on every document I create.
When I'm logged in as nsx, Google docs does not allow me to share the document with anyone who does not have a mail.flyertalk.com address. I can't see any way to override that.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:40 am
Ambassador, New England

Originally Posted by nsx
When I'm logged in as nsx, Google docs does not allow me to share the document with anyone who does not have a mail.flyertalk.com address. I can't see any way to override that.
Oh okay, didn't realize that was different between companies. Now I know!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by nsx
Well I didn't even know there was such a thing as a mail.flyertalk.com email. Just tried to log in w/ my handle & FT password & get a message saying either user id or password is incorrect. When I click on can't access my account, it then takes me to some message saying sign in to my google account or whatever email I associated w/ my google account. Huh?

nsx, I think you changed something w/ 2013 spreadsheet though - perhaps the sharing part? Because I can read the spreadsheet you posted in both 2011 & 2012 (go up thread for those) without having to do some type of log-in, but I can't w/ the 2013 one.

And you mention in this post from '12 (see below) that you changed something/did an "end run" to make it public & then others such as kipper were able to read it/it was public then w/o people having to do the google log-in thing.

How about go back to whatever you did last year that made it public & do it for this one?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19605191-post35.html

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Dec 19, 2013 at 12:40 pm
Old Dec 19, 2013, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I'm a Google Apps administrator. It's something the admin has to enable. If it isn't, then users cannot share outside the organization.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well I didn't even know there was such a thing as a mail.flyertalk.com email.
It's something for moderators so we don't have to expose our personal addresses when replying to RBPs and things.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 1:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since its a tiny file, I just attached it to the OPs post. Remember that attachments upto 100kb are possible on vb 3.x
Old Dec 20, 2013, 12:27 pm
Ambassador, New England

I hate to say it, but some of the numbers are incorrect in the spreadsheet. It has the Dec 18th numbers for Coupon Connection as 1487 threads, 47741 posts, when the current actual statistics seem to be 71,712 threads, 227,103 posts (as of this writing).

I didn't check any other fora, but that one jumped out at me because of the negative average numbers. Sorry, nsx.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:49 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I hate to say it, but some of the numbers are incorrect in the spreadsheet. It has the Dec 18th numbers for Coupon Connection as 1487 threads, 47741 posts, when the current actual statistics seem to be 71,712 threads, 227,103 posts (as of this writing).
Thanks. I fixed that error (TalkBoard Topics was also wrong because I was logged out and CC was not shown) and put the document on a different Google drive where everyone should be able to get it:

http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7D-...U5yT3ZtTnhjRkU
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
How do 5 forums have negative post rates? There were more posts on 10/31/12 than on 12/18/13? Others have more threads in 2011 than in 2012, then back up in 2013.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:07 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CPRich
How do 5 forums have negative post rates? There were more posts on 10/31/12 than on 12/18/13? Others have more threads in 2011 than in 2012, then back up in 2013.
The number of threads could be reduced when mods make megathreads or if threads are moved into another forum, possibly one that is newly created. If threads are moved, this could lower the total number of posts.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The number of threads could be reduced when mods make megathreads or if threads are moved into another forum, possibly one that is newly created. If threads are moved, this could lower the total number of posts.
That's my understanding & is what nsx posted a year ago IIRC.

Cheers.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Since its a tiny file, I just attached it to the OPs post. Remember that attachments upto 100kb are possible on vb 3.x

You might use up all of the space on the floppy in the A: drive running the FT server at that rate!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:22 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The 2014 forum activity statistics can be found in a Google docs spreadsheet at

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Please post here if this link does not work. Enjoy!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Is the annual forum traffic review TB conducts underway or will be posted shortly? I understood it was being done in February.

As mentioned in this thread some of the Budget airline fora have been very lightly used since their creation and I was curious as to whether TB had made an decisions and/or recommendations about closing or merging some of these fora.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tcook052
Is the annual forum traffic review TB conducts underway or will be posted shortly? I understood it was being done in February.

As mentioned in this thread some of the Budget airline fora have been very lightly used since their creation and I was curious as to whether TB had made an decisions and/or recommendations about closing or merging some of these fora.
Would you envision some regions having dedicated budget airlines fora (in addition to their other full service airlines fora respectively) but not some other regions (I'm not guessing at the moment how the count would go here)? Alternatively, are you thinking about either merging all of the budget airline fora together or keeping some separate and then combining others and placing them together in a more general "budget airlines of other regions" forum?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.