Reload this Page >

Motion Passed: Create Virgin Australia Velocity Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2011, 3:19 pm

So you have a Virgin America forum who have less than 40 aircraft combined with a rubbish miles programe, yet there is not one for Virgin Oz who have over 90 aircraft, biggest domestic airline in Australia, fly all over the world and has been with us for 10 years.

Weird. I wont be surprised if you dont make a separate forum for them, as its beyond me how there already isn't one in place...
Old May 29, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Virgin AU

I disagree & suggest it's time to have VIRGIN Airlines be allowed one thread with STICKY links to their step-children. The real issue for FT is not what will Virgin do next but how will FT handle an airline that keeps creating separate airlines as they expand.
Old May 29, 2011, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by travelsavant
I disagree & suggest it's time to have VIRGIN Airlines be allowed one thread with STICKY links to their step-children. The real issue for FT is not what will Virgin do next but how will FT handle an airline that keeps creating separate airlines as they expand.
Disagree. While all the airlines (except V Australia for now, until they rebrand,) may share the same "Virgin" logo on their tailfin, they are not a single airline. I'd sooner suggest BA, AA, and IB get a single forum, with sub-forums for each of those individual airlines.

Virgin America is not close to joining the other Virgins, as no more than 25% may be owned by foreign companies, such as the Virgin Group or Virgin Atlantic. They are all different airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin America, and the Australian ones. (V Australia, Virgin Blue...) The Australian ones should share a single forum. As for Virgin's expansion, I honestly don't see that as much of an issue. They're not experiencing explosive growth, and any other Virgin airlines are not that major that they deserve a forum of their own.
Old May 29, 2011, 11:33 pm

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Yes - and about time too!
Old May 30, 2011, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
I support forums that cover Virgin Australia. FT can do it for FTers and if not, someone else will!

I expect that as long as it remains solvent, Virgin Australia will be nipping at the Qantas Frequent Flyer (corporate travellers and the FFP itself) in offering the business traveller a product which aims to match or better the Qantas product.

For the fact that Virgin Australia will be offering a lot of perks to QFF elite members, it will be a source of forum speculation and assistance by forum members. If not on FT, then elsewhere.

The Australian Frequent Flyer forum may be the best and most natural source for Virgin Australia forum discussions since AFF has the local knowledge of local flyers and this is our bread and butter.

Today in the QF lounge FTers were telling me several bits of useful info on what Virgin Australia is offering free, to lure QFF WPs... so this info will definitely be elsewhere if TalkBoard prefers to keep its focus US-centric. AFF will win in that case.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
The motion being voted on is creating a Virgin Australia forum, not a single Virgin forum.

As mentioned by myself & other TB members, valid reasons for it to be considered are what we look for when making a decision & the documentation in the thread where the OP stated his case was well done.

Comments re: going elsewhere if something doesn't go through (re: of what the something is & not specific to this topic) don't really hold much weight w/ me & can come off as a bit teddy in pram, even if not intended that way.

When someone would like a new forum created, doing their homework to make their case goes a long way.

I, and other TB members, have mentioned we're supportive of this, but voting is still open until June 7th or the last TB member votes, whichever comes first.

Cheers.
Old May 30, 2011, 12:24 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

Motion Passed unanimously.

On 30 May 2011, the TalkBoard passed 9-0:

Moved by SkiAdcock and seconded by jackal:

The TalkBoard recommends the creation of a Virgin Australia Velocity forum.

Voting yes: bhatnasx, Cholula, jackal, lucky9876coins, Markie, nsx, SkiAdcock, Spiff, UA_Flyer
Old May 30, 2011, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by nsx
Motion Passed unanimously.

On 30 May 2011, the TalkBoard passed 9-0:

Moved by SkiAdcock and seconded by jackal:

The TalkBoard recommends the creation of a Virgin Australia Velocity forum.

Voting yes: bhatnasx, Cholula, jackal, lucky9876coins, Markie, nsx, SkiAdcock, Spiff, UA_Flyer
Glad to hear! Now about that IB forum...
Old May 30, 2011, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Glad to hear! Now about that IB forum...
Glad you're happy! Now - 'bout that homework

Cheers.
Old May 30, 2011, 3:18 pm

BTW - before everyone goes nuts & says where is the forum. It's a bank holiday in the countries TB members (and IB) are located, so I'd say give it 48 hours or so to get set up. Now that we've approved it, we're not going to delay but sometimes there's just timelines/logistics; nothing more than that.

Cheers.
Old May 30, 2011, 8:32 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Hooray!!!!

Thank you TB members...
Old May 31, 2011, 3:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
I wont follow this forum, although supported it. Glad to see such a rather smooth process of passing.

TB^
Old May 31, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
It's good that this forum has been agreed - thank you TalkBoard members.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 9:49 pm
Community Director Emerita

Have at it, folks:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...-velocity-682/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.