Off-topic:TalkBoard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Off-topic:TalkBoard

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Jenbel
It's like the CO/UA merger. Members have been asking TB to make decisions now about it, and have constantly been told TB doesn't feel anything needs to happen yet.
With all due respect, and without disclosing any specifics of discussions in the TB forum, when a non-mod member of TB tried to take the matter up for discussion we were summarily told that the Moderators were well advanced with their planning for this and that TalkBoard should basically just butt out and rubber stamp the final decisions. It is a perfect example of what I am referring to.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
If you only tried to take it up when planning was already well advanced, then your timescales were all off. Not their fault you guys did nothing until they had to start doing things.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jenbel
If you only tried to take it up when planning was already well advanced....
It was not. This comment directed towards us was referring to experience from previous mergers and discussions between the respective moderators of CO/UA that informally took place at one point without informing TB about the outcome or even a heads up that such talk has been going on.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
It was not. This comment directed towards us was referring to experience from previous mergers and discussions between the respective moderators of CO/UA that informally took place at one point without informing TB about the outcome or even a heads up that such talk has been going on.
Thank you skywalkerLAX for clarifying. There is a lot that you can shed light on now that you are no longer bound by the code of silence that current TB members are bound by.

Bottom line is that TalkBoard has become a virtual extension of the moderator corps and I doubt you will find any of the non-mod members who disagree with this to some extent at least.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 2:53 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Ladies and Gentlemen and children of all ages:

These are posts from a thread I started regarding the recent TalkBoard elections and I think you can see that the thread was taken off-topic, which in itself is not that big a deal, however it is considered 'off-topic' from the thread in which they were first posted.

Given the assortment of truths, half-truths and falsifications I've read here, along with the axes to grind, I think we'll simply turn this over the the TalkBoard to decide what they want to do with the moderation of this thread. It's their forum and the conversation of our members but the value of the input and the manner of the conversation likely needs someone to sort it out and that is the TalkBoard.

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.