Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics > TalkBoard Election Debate Archives > Talkboard Debate Archives > TalkBoard Elections/11
Reload this Page >

Question 13: What role can Talkboard have in making FT more welcoming?

Question 13: What role can Talkboard have in making FT more welcoming?

Old Nov 10, 11, 5:18 am

Programs: AA, LM, Etihad Guest Gold, Honors Plat, IHG Ambassador, Star Alliance Gold,
I am fully supportive of helping out new members and ensure they are treated with respect and not made to feel stupid.

I think a list of FAQ's for each forum in an easy to read format with an anchor list of each question/answer would be fantastic.
It would certainly be easy to direct people to a certain link.

Obviously all questions can't be answered, but surely the mod's and frequent posters would be able to suggest the right q/a for this.

If we could vote on such a system or something that would be easy to navigate without creating too much extra work, I really feel it would benefit the community.
Old Nov 10, 11, 9:00 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: WN CP & A-list preferred, Interstate BBQ at MEM B17, Hotwire, Priceline, tent
Originally Posted by Jinxy View Post
I think a list of FAQ's for each forum in an easy to read format with an anchor list of each question/answer would be fantastic.
IMHO, there is already a good place for FAQs. Each forum just needs one link to the proper section.
Old Nov 10, 11, 11:17 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
.....I've also been looking at ways to revise the way the new user sign-up flow is handled. I'd like to see a newbie welcome guide displayed upon completion of the sign-up process that helps newbies find their way around the forums.....
Damn-you beat me to it as after I put the machines to bed last night, I thought of this as well. But to expand on what you said, perhaps a pdf file that gets sent to all new members as well. Nothing too confusing but the abc's of F/t-how to post, ToS, how to report a bad post, Ambassadors, Moderators and ect. Yes, this is on the guide pages but how many folks actually go there? The pdf file would simply be bullet items a link that would take the user directly to the guide page based on the specific subject
Old Nov 14, 11, 5:41 pm

Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
I think that the newbies who are coming to this site, are almost instantly bashed for messing up a post. It happened to be and I've seen it happen to others. I think that if a newbie were to post out of the newbie lounge, they should put somewhere in their post, (title or thread) that they are newbie and bear with them. Another thing, which I have seen along many posts, the search function is a go-to answer, but we all know that engine is more worn out that an AA MD-80.