Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question 9: 30-day Suspension

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2008, 11:35 pm
mjm
Original Member

Well this is one for which I am grateful there are rules in place. During the debates, I was not privy to the conversations held nor the various potential revisions offered for consideration. What I see is a format which allows the membership of FT to feel they have representatives that are to be held to a high standard. It also allows members like myself to know that in campaigning for election that I shall have a fair system of checks and balances to protect me from any “ganging up” or singling out” if those things were to happen. We have in the FlyerTalk Host a very impartial, with respect to us as individuals, chief moderator to look after the decisions made by his assistant moderators.

I do not discount the possibility that all of us from time to time pop off or dig our heels in on issues. In doing so we may cross specific lines. If that happens we have a now very clearly designed system to oust a really bad apple while protecting those that had a bad day and really need a hug or a nap.

So in answer to the question, I would say I would follow the rules as defined, bear them in mind in considering my words and actions, and make sure that my very strictest policeman were myself.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 9:49 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I have never been warned or suspended from any message board.

If I were to receive a 30 day suspension I would immediately resign from the TB. I would also ask my friends and family to make sure I hadn't been replaced by a body snatcher because getting a 30 day suspension just isn't in my realm of possibility.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.