Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics > TalkBoard Election Debate Archives > Talkboard Debate Archives > TalkBoard Elections/07
Reload this Page >

Question 6: New Forum Criteria and Reasons to be Cheerful (Part 3)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question 6: New Forum Criteria and Reasons to be Cheerful (Part 3)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2007, 8:47 pm

Programs: Peon in all
As long as it appears that a new forum would have enough interest for establishment, I would propose to allow it for a short trial period. Near the end of that period, it should be reviewed and removed if there is not enough traffic going to that forum.

FT has provided me with much knowledge, and I would like to return the favor (as much as I can) by serving on the TB!

Reasons to be cheerful? I'm always cheerful - as shown by my email address: davew@<span style="color:Blue"><u>ch.../u></span>.com!
Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
I agree with the_traveler - give a new forum a trial run, and remove it if the activity is less than the effort to maintain / moderate the forum.

I'm running for Talkboard because I've been a member for 5 years, and I'd like to give back to FT.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 2:42 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Question 1:
If elected, my criteria would be quite open. However, I would first do a check as to whether the new forum would be an overlap with any existing fora, or whether it could generate a splintering effect on an existing forum.
Other than that, I'm in favoring of giving a forum a chance, but to set certain evaluation criteria after a 3 or 6 month window, to determine whether the forum should remain.

Question 2:
It's about giving back. FT has giving me much in my short time here, and I want to give back as much as I can. It's also about the diversity, from a regional as well as a type of member view. TB should not be limited to long term members, moderators or North American users (as an example). It needs to be a representation of the community, because only then can it represent the views and the needs of the community.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.