Wiki Posts
Search

Question 2: Palatable Moderation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2007, 11:21 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by kokonutz
I am also talking about working as a TB member, if elected, at establishing both formal and informal relationships with Moderators
I'll second that motion.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 11:27 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by RichMSN
FourByClue:

You run the way you want to and I'll run the way I want to. I'm entitled, just as you are. Whether or not I actually get the votes, I'm running the campaign I want and will not be shamed into turning into every other candidate. Just like the signature below says....
Nobody's suggesting that. By why run on an issue that you (nor anyone else running) can do a whole lot about?

It's astute politically--the anti-moderation platform has been historically fruitful.

I guess I don't understand the point: you have the guy who is ultimately responsible for accepting or rejecting anything the Talkboard says saying thusly:

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
I actually think that most would prefer to move on to topics that they could actually be active with on FlyerTalk – topics which were within their spelled out responsibilities.
I don't pretend to be able to read the tea-leaves any better than anyone else, but there just might be something to be inferred from that statement.

YMMV, as always.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 10:25 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by ClueByFour
Nobody's suggesting that. By why run on an issue that you (nor anyone else running) can do a whole lot about?

It's astute politically--the anti-moderation platform has been historically fruitful.

I guess I don't understand the point: you have the guy who is ultimately responsible for accepting or rejecting anything the Talkboard says saying thusly:

I don't pretend to be able to read the tea-leaves any better than anyone else, but there just might be something to be inferred from that statement.

YMMV, as always.
But as I say above, better defining all forums for all posters (including moderators) is clearly IN the purview of the Talkbaord. And so is esablishing relations with Moderators as TB members attempt to represent the wishes of the posters.

I really honestly dont think Randy would have a problem with that, nor would the moderators themselves. And I certainly think the posters would really, really appreciate it.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Originally Posted by Cholula
I'll second that motion.
And I will third it! Open communication is the key to solving almost any issue that we face.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by Punki
And I will third it! Open communication is the key to solving almost any issue that we face.
I am sorry but in ANY organisation there is always a point that not all communications can be open.

So if I complain about someone do I have to do it in the open and expect all the repiles to be in the open then? When discussing if someone should be stopped from using FT should all this be posted for everyone to see?

Nah I dont think so, you can cause just as many if not more problems with things being to open.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 4:03 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by kokonutz
But as I say above, better defining all forums for all posters (including moderators) is clearly IN the purview of the Talkbaord. And so is esablishing relations with Moderators as TB members attempt to represent the wishes of the posters.

I really honestly dont think Randy would have a problem with that, nor would the moderators themselves. And I certainly think the posters would really, really appreciate it.
It's happened already (at least in the informal sense). Who was that gentlemen with whom I once demolished the drink cart on a US Airways 321 enroute to a SEA-DOO?

That was mod to poster. Well, really member to member, since we are all members first (mods, TB members, you , etc).

You don't have to be a Talkboard member to contact any mod to discuss such things. It happens (despite what some may think) on a daily basis.

*shrug*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.