Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH-LAX in F; any recent experience?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2008, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen; US Silver; AA Silver; Hilton Gold
ZRH-LAX in F; any recent experience?

Although I take this flight every few months in C, I finally decided to use up some e-vouchers and have confirmed an F seat for this Sunday, 16 Mar.

This will be my first long-haul, A340 in LX F, and I'm excited!

Anyone have any recent experiences with this flight to share? Drinks/food/service to ask for/avoid?

Thanks all

hurlimann
Old Mar 20, 2008, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I should advise you that you will experience the best first class ride from LA to Europe when you will fly on LX first class.
Everything is perfect from food to the seat, which will make you sleep for the whole flight without being disturbed. enjoy it....
Old Mar 23, 2008, 3:21 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
The crew you get can make the difference between an ordinary or a sub-par flight. As with BA, I've found that on LX the crews can be a bit hit and miss, especially in premium cabins. Another downside of LX had been that there were no PJs in F, but this will change with effect from the introduction of the summer timetable.

Even so, I'll happily give repeat F bookings to LX over BA, AA, UA.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Last edited by virtualtroy; Mar 23, 2008 at 3:34 am
Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by virtualtroy
The crew you get can make the difference between an ordinary or a sub-par flight. As with BA, I've found that on LX the crews can be a bit hit and miss, especially in premium cabins. Another downside of LX had been that there were no PJs in F, but this will change with effect from the introduction of the summer timetable.

Even so, I'll happily give repeat F bookings to LX over BA, AA, UA.

Hope you enjoy your trip.
Flying out to JNB on the 18th the purser told me we were a day to early for the pj as they were going to be introduced the day after - I can not verify it as we are on LH going home.

Cheers

Thomas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.