Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore/ Changi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2007, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Location: Jakarta (CGK), Los Angeles (LAX), Oklahoma (OKC), San Francisco (SFO)
Singapore/ Changi

:smile:Hello Actually I'm a'bit confuse where this thread should I located, and because I'm flying with Swiss International Airlines (LX) so I think I put this thread in Swiss International Airlines (LX) thread.
So my problem is since I'm traveling from Jakarta to Lisbon... From CGK to SIN By Garuda indonesia (GA) and from SIN to Lisbon via bangkok and transit in Zürich Swiss International Airlines (LX) ... And Actually I've 4-5 hours transit in Singapore Airport.... Does Any one could Suggest me what could I do in this 4-5 hours transit in Singapore???
Btw I've just started joining FF program so my FF card is like only for the beginner, since for the beginner doesn't have any priority to enter the lounge, but I've Eva Air (Evergreen club) silver card, since this card could take me to the lounge in TPE and I did not sure in singapore has Eva Air lounge and If they singapore airport have Eva Air lounge I think I still could not enter the lounge cause I'm flying with other Airlines..

Thank you :smile:
Old Oct 2, 2007, 1:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
4 hours is not quite long enough to visit the city and explore. But Changi airport is the best one to be stuck in if have no lounge access. Plenty of shops and amenities such as (free) movie theatre, rooftop swimming pool, comfy chairs, lots and lots of tvs, smoking rooms, etc.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 1:10 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by DaDa CGK
If they singapore airport have Eva Air lounge I think I still could not enter the lounge cause I'm flying with other Airlines..
Although I don't know anything about EVA's FFP, I am almost certain you are right. Very few airlines give access to their lounges when flying non-alliance carriers, and none do so for silver members.

But as Kiwi Flyer said, don't worry about it in Changi. Plenty to do. Even free internet to read Flyertalk.

SmilingBoy.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 1:58 am

In case you can't use EVA lounge:
There are two or three independant lounges (day pass is around $30). Not sure if oyu have to pay extra for free booze!

Also agree with Kiwi Flyer and SmilingBoy. Don't worry about layover at SIN.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 4:03 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
4 hours is not quite long enough to visit the city and explore. But Changi airport is the best one to be stuck in if have no lounge access. Plenty of shops and amenities such as (free) movie theatre, rooftop swimming pool, comfy chairs, lots and lots of tvs, smoking rooms, etc.
And a lot of free internet terminals to check FT !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.