Original Poster
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Airline Programs
Swiss lounge in TLV

flying ZRH-TLV-ZRH first time on SWISS!

flying in Y

I am *Gold

what lounges can i use in TLV?

I assume I can use the ZRH Business Class lounge when leaving right?

thanks

koje
Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:28 am

Programs: LH
Wink Dan Lounge

On the SWISS Homepage -> Services -> At the airport -> Lounges worldwide -> Tel Aviv,
it is stated for F,C,SEN,HON,*A GOLD to use the Dan Lounge.
Lufthansa, on their Homepage -> Lounges, state:
Concourses B & C in Terminal 3 Depatures / Near Gates B3 and C3
24 hours per day except for Friday evening when the lounge is closed from 18.00 - 21.00

In Zurich, you can use the "Star Alliance" lounge with your Gold card when leaving and/or arriving.
Also, you could use the SWISS Busniess lounge on departure.
If you arrive between 6am and 1pm, you can use the SWISS arrival lounge.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by chumbawumba; Aug 7, 2007 at 12:32 am Reason: Arriving
Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:56 am

Used Dan Lounge in TLV last April. You'll get an invitation card at C/I. Lounge was ok and not crowded at all. There's no smoking section and I didn't see any shower facilities. Nice selection of veggie snacks. You have to order alcoholic beverages with lounge staff (no self service). All other F&B is placed on the buffet counter. 2 free Internet stations. Have Fun!
Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:03 am
Original Poster
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Airline Programs
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
On the SWISS Homepage -> Services -> At the airport -> Lounges worldwide -> Tel Aviv,
it is stated for F,C,SEN,HON,*A GOLD to use the Dan Lounge.
Lufthansa, on their Homepage -> Lounges, state:
Concourses B & C in Terminal 3 Depatures / Near Gates B3 and C3
24 hours per day except for Friday evening when the lounge is closed from 18.00 - 21.00

In Zurich, you can use the "Star Alliance" lounge with your Gold card when leaving and/or arriving.
Also, you could use the SWISS Busniess lounge on departure.
If you arrive between 6am and 1pm, you can use the SWISS arrival lounge.

Hope that helps.
I can use the arrivals lounge even while flying in Y?
Old Aug 7, 2007, 4:20 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
If I'm not mistaken, the Allegra arrivals lounge is not a *G lounge, i.e. you can't access it with an Y class ticket and *G card. That is, you can, but at at CHF30 fee.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 9:34 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by airoli
If I'm not mistaken, the Allegra arrivals lounge is not a *G lounge, i.e. you can't access it with an Y class ticket and *G card. That is, you can, but at at CHF30 fee.
Correct, that's spot on. ^ Arrival lounges are never listed as *Gold-lounges by the airlines.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:35 am

Talking B

You might not allowed using the arrival lounge (whereby I am not sure if you really cann´t), but you can use the Star Alliance lounge as an arrival lounge. The have one shower, no internet computer. Do not mistake the Star Alliance lounge with the SWISS LX lounge.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:50 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
The LH-Lounge at ZRH has indeed 2 internet-computers (and very tasty ham-cheese-sandwiches with mustard-sauce, and Lipton-ice-tea)!
Old Aug 7, 2007, 1:37 pm

Talking Star Alliance Lounge

Originally Posted by rorschi
The LH-Lounge at ZRH has indeed 2 internet-computers (and very tasty ham-cheese-sandwiches with mustard-sauce, and Lipton-ice-tea)!
Rorschi,

last weekend, I had to learn that the Lounge in Sector B is not a Lufthansa lounge but the 2nd "Star Alliance Lounge". At the moment, there are only 3: Nagoya, Zurich and Los Angeles.
It is designed in LH-look, but ...

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/travel...arAlliance.htm

Chumbawumba

Last edited by chumbawumba; Aug 7, 2007 at 1:39 pm Reason: Added a link
Old Aug 7, 2007, 1:45 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Rorschi,

last weekend, I had to learn that the Lounge in Sector B is not a Lufthansa lounge but the 2nd "Star Alliance Lounge". At the moment, there are only 3: Nagoya, Zurich and Los Angeles.
Indeed, wasn't aware about that, but now I rember... (wasn't important for me before LX joined *).

But anyway, the LH-rules apply for the visit (usable as an arrival-Lounge), see this link.

But the two internet-computers (and very tasty ham-cheese-sandwiches with mustard-sauce, and Lipton-ice-tea) are still there!
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:50 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I had to learn that the Lounge in Sector B is not a Lufthansa lounge but the 2nd "Star Alliance Lounge".
Your info is already outdated I'm afraid. The ZRH facility was the first ever Star Alliance lounge, but after LX entry into the alliance, it has been re-branded the Lufthansa lounge. LH had always been operating it anyway.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:38 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by airoli
Your info is already outdated I'm afraid. The ZRH facility was the first ever Star Alliance lounge, but after LX entry into the alliance, it has been re-branded the Lufthansa lounge. LH had always been operating it anyway.
AFAIK, it's still an official Star Alliance Lounge and *A also lists it this way in all publications. But you are right, the lounge has always been run by LH and LH has replaced the Star Alliance "plate/logo" at the entrance with Lufthansa. However, this was approved by *Alliance I was told.

By the way, every StarAlliance lounge which is built under this Star concept (as in ZRH, LAX,...) needs a lead-supporting and financing airline. And LH has taken up this role in ZRH as well as in LAX (which just opened last week).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.