Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GVA lounges... [merged Geneva lounge thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 4:10 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Thank you, I never knew you could do that! I guess I'll give it a go at check-in and see what kind of bewildered faces I get. Won't I miss out on the whole US immigration 'pre-flight' screening though, possibly causing an issue?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Hadn't fully realized LX22 is the JFK flight

BA could clear your ESTA if your flights are combined under one PNR and maybe even if they aren't. If they don't then it may still be easier at the gate. If you can't OLCI then you'd have to go to checkin probably.

If you are in C then zou can use the priority lane for security.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Originally Posted by MichielR
Hadn't fully realized LX22 is the JFK flight

BA could clear your ESTA if your flights are combined under one PNR and maybe even if they aren't. If they don't then it may still be easier at the gate. If you can't OLCI then you'd have to go to checkin probably.

Thanks, seperate PNR, the BA flight is just a cheap positioning flight to avoid expensive UK taxes on a redemption flight! Sounds as if it is probably easier to just collect bags and re-check!

Thanks for your help
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
Is there a priority lane at GVA? Where? I have never seen it...
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:26 pm
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Koby
It is to the far right .... But then you will mix with the "non priority pax" just before you go through the scanners..... Nothing much of a priority lane if you ask me..... But then again, others might have a better experience with the priority lane at GVA...
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by DUS
Originally Posted by Koby
It is to the far right .... But then you will mix with the "non priority pax" just before you go through the scanners..... Nothing much of a priority lane if you ask me..... But then again, others might have a better experience with the priority lane at GVA...
There are actually 2 priority lanes. Entry is via 2 unmanned gates which open by scanning the BP.
One to the far right and another to the far left.

I honestly cannot understand the nothing much of a priority lane remark. It brings you all the way to the front of the line.

GBM
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Make sure to not go through passport control in GVA for your JFK until you actually want to enter LX22. The lounge is BEFORE that checkpoint, I once made the mistake, cleared passport control and was in the gate area with too much time to wait for the flight. I went back "outside" and entered the lounge but I had the feeling the passport agents didn't like that too much
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:49 pm
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GBM.flights

I honestly cannot understand the nothing much of a priority lane remark. It brings you all the way to the front of the line.
Fair enough, ...
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
And while the priority lane in GVA may not be of great interest much of the time, you will want to use it on Saturdays and Sundays during the ski season.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: United Gold
I didn't want to start another thread so I'm posting in this one. I'll be flying HNL-(DEN-IAD)-GVA next week and I was wondering if there are shower facilities either in one of the lounges or elsewhere in the airport?

Also, when I leave GVA is the lounge airside? Is the order:

1. Check-in
2. Security
3. Passport check
4. Lounge

Or is it:

1. Check-in
2. Security
3. Lounge
4. Passport check

One last question, I'll be staying at Hotel D'Angleterre and plan to get there by taking the train from Geneva Airport Station to Geneva Station. Are there taxis at Geneva Station that will take me to the hotel?

Thank you.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:59 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I didn't want to start another thread so I'm posting in this one. I'll be flying HNL-(DEN-IAD)-GVA next week and I was wondering if there are shower facilities either in one of the lounges or elsewhere in the airport?

Also, when I leave GVA is the lounge airside? Is the order:

1. Check-in
2. Security
3. Passport check
4. Lounge

Or is it:

1. Check-in
2. Security
3. Lounge
4. Passport check

One last question, I'll be staying at Hotel D'Angleterre and plan to get there by taking the train from Geneva Airport Station to Geneva Station. Are there taxis at Geneva Station that will take me to the hotel?

Thank you.
Showers are at departures, close to the LX lounges. Use your hotel shower, that'd be your best option.

On departure, for those flights that have a passport check, this is after you leave the main terminal area where the lounges are, so your second one: checki in, pass security, spend time in lounge, then go through passport control before you board.

Taxis are available at the station. They may not like to take you for a 500 meter ride but as it is currently minus 10 C they will.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Geneva Lounges - Are there Showers?

I will be flying into Geneva on UA in F transfering to FRA on LH or LX. I am Stae Gold. Will I be allowed to use the F Lunge and get a shower, or the Senator, and does it have showers?

Thank you
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:40 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
I will be flying into Geneva on UA in F transfering to FRA on LH or LX. I am Stae Gold. Will I be allowed to use the F Lunge and get a shower, or the Senator, and does it have showers?

Thank you
Your Star Gold status gives you access to the Senator Lounge but not to the First Class Lounge since you are arriving on UA in F. Not sure about showers but swiss.com does not mention them.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Which lounge best in Geneva?

Flying Swiss business class GVA to JFK. I am *Gold as is my wife. Also have two children. So each of us could bring one child into the *lounge.

But which lounge is better: I assume all 4 of us can get into the Swiss biz lounge:

a-SWISS Business Lounge Miles & More Frequent Traveller
Business Class

b-SWISS Senator/ Gold Lounge Miles & More Senator/Star Alliance Gold

Many thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
The SEN/*G lounge is better equipped and has better food/drinks on offer, so the answer is simple - B. This goes for all LH Group lounges/hubs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.