Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:05 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Sorry guys but I've a quick question regarding the access criteria of the arrival lounge in ZRH. Am I allowed to use the lounge based on my SEN-card independently of the carrier I arrived on? The situation is as follow: In a weeks time I'll be arriving on a TK-flight (in C-class) from IST and would like to take a shower before going to the office. Possible?

The lounge guide of LX indicates Yes when just looking at "Senator" but I'm not quite sure. It has been possible in former times, or has this changed?
You did have access didn't you?
Old Feb 23, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
WLAN at LX lounge

Did anybody else notice that there seems to be a new form of WLAN access at the Swissl lounge in ZRH? Until recently, front desk staff gave out these wonderful credit card sized Swisscom hotspot cards, which could then be neatly used at any Swisscom hotspot nation-wide.

On Saturday, I was instead given a flimsy A5-sized paper with a sunrise access code, valid for 30mins, and supposedly only at the airport... Has somebody tried using this voucher elsewhere?
Old Feb 25, 2009, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Gold - so flying too much again... plus AA, LX, VS and too many hotel programmes to mention
Swiss Lounge ZRH

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Swiss Senator Lounge and the Business Class Lounge in ZRH?

Just arrived connecting LHR-ZRH-ORD in C. Was directed to teh Senator lounge due to my bmi gold card.

Does it make any difference?
Old Feb 25, 2009, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDentist
Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Swiss Senator Lounge and the Business Class Lounge in ZRH?

Just arrived connecting LHR-ZRH-ORD in C. Was directed to teh Senator lounge due to my bmi gold card.

Does it make any difference?
When I was there a couple of weeks ago, it looked like the upstairs part of the Sen Lounge was more airy and had better food than the Business Class lounge.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 7:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
LX Arrival Lounge at ZRH - access if Star Alliance Gold, but flying economy?

If one flies to Zurich on a LX flight in economy, but if one is a Star Alliance Gold (nonLX) member - can one get access to the LX arrivals lounge in ZRH?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 10:36 pm

Programs: LH
sorry, but no.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 4:43 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
If one flies to Zurich on a LX flight in economy, but if one is a Star Alliance Gold (nonLX) member - can one get access to the LX arrivals lounge in ZRH?
I was admitted in August 2008. LH SEN *G flying on an economy BCN - ZRH flight.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 5:12 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by beofotch
I was admitted in August 2008. LH SEN *G flying on an economy BCN - ZRH flight.
LH SEN *G and LX SEN *G are identical = Miles and More SEN = LH*G. Here access is granted.

The OP refers to another Frequent Flyer Programme, like TP*G, BD*G, TG*G etc. etc.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
*A Golds excluded, eh? If the OP has a Priority Pass card (complimentary with some AmEx platinum cards including UK, not sure about Canada), s/he will have the access denied to *A Golds.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 5:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver
I was even allowed when still having FTL Status with LH in October 2008 and flying LX/LH in Y
Old Mar 3, 2009, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by heimwerkerkoenig
I was even allowed when still having FTL Status with LH in October 2008 and flying LX/LH in Y
Correct. SEN / FTL gives you access, other *G doesn't when arriving in Y.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 6:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by rorschi
Correct. SEN / FTL gives you access, other *G doesn't when arriving in Y.
We are Star Alliance Gold through Air Canada's Aeroplan frequent flyer program.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 7:50 pm

Programs: LH
Sorry, guys, but it is like it is: If you want to use the arrival lounge, pay for it (30 CHF / 28 usD) I think or change to M&M ... or fly C/F
Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by chumbawumba
Sorry, guys, but it is like it is: If you want to use the arrival lounge, pay for it (30 CHF / 28 usD)
Access for cash is no longer possible. The rules changed some weeks ago.

Maybe all this is LX's response to the Economy-Plus access (and other perks) on UA for M&M-elites?
Old Mar 5, 2009, 2:36 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by rorschi
Access for cash is no longer possible. The rules changed some weeks ago.
Is it still a Priority Pass lounge? That used to be a decent workaround as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.