Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5-star
You're flight will probably depart from the D terminal. If you have time and want to check out the E lounges you can go to the E terminal but you'll have to go through passport control.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:05 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Both E and D are non-Schengen. Between E and D you don't have to go through passport control but you will have to clear security (again). Alternatively you can go through passport control twice!
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Whenderson
Hi

I read they have a swanky new lounge near E gates, and I was wondering if flights for London depart near there?
I had a chance to visit this lounge a couple of weeks ago. Very nice.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by Whenderson
Hi

I'm flying Business Class on Swiss on Saturday to Heathrow...can someone tell me which is the nicest of the Swiss lounges to use (bearing in mind I can only enter Business not First)?

I read they have a swanky new lounge near E gates, and I was wondering if flights for London depart near there? If not, would be it be worth schlepping to that lounge or is there a just-as-nice-one near where the UK flights go?

Don't fly Swiss often at all, so thanks for your help in advance
The E lounge is MUCH better (I did both on the same day a few weeks ago). It has a cook, better food selection, better coffee/drinks selection, better views, a relaxation room, a good newspaper/magazine selection, etc. The D lounge is tiny and rather boring. If you have time I recommend E.

As others have mentioned: if going from E->D you'll either need to go through security again, or do a double passport control. Neither is onerous: with an EU/CH passport I'd recommend the passport option, without it might be faster to go through security, which looked empty most of the time (at passport control they tend not to ask anything, but they do usually scan my passport - sometimes they ask my destination when going to D or E, but BA flies to London from the E gates so they won't really care that you're going to the "wrong" gates since they don't ask what airline you're on).

(Note: if you go for the double passport control option, make sure you follow signs for A/B gates once you get out of the Heidi train, only start following the D signs once you're back in Schengen. If you follow the D signs before Schengen entry you'll end up going through an airlock into the insecure area, meaning you have to do security again.)

FWIW I went through passport control about 5 times on that day due to visiting E, then D, then trying to find a Swiss representative due to IRROPS (pro-tip: Swiss are somewhat useless at rebooking you even if they know they'll cause you to miss your connection).
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
I just made an observation in the A lounge complex.. After the opening of the E lounges, they have slightly enhanced the spirit selection in the SEN lounge A, there are now a few spirits that aren't available in the Business lounge (for example, Hendrick's Gin and Cointreau). However, I noticed that both are also available in the shared bar. Does that mean that business lounge guests may also obtain those spirits at the bar, or will they check the FFP card when someone orders drinks with those ingredients? (Background: some of the lounge access policies by LX seem a bit over the top, and it's also said that F passengers may obtain better quality drinks at the EK A380 bar than C passengers, so maybe my question isn't so ridiculous at all..)
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:02 am

Thanks in advance to all the experts who provide such great info here.

Am flying YYZ-ZRH on AC878 in business and then ZRH-NBO on LX296 in business. Both my wife and I are *G.

Both flights (typically) arrive and depart from E.

Can anyone confirm that we can use either the Senator Lounge E or the Business Lounge E? The Swiss webpage says *G can access the senator lounge but that seems odd.

Also is the breakfast good enough in the lounge to skip the plane one?

Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:05 am

Senator Lounges are for *Gold. Dont forget your physical card.

Breakfast is ok and can replace a C class one in the air easily.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:08 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by yyy77
Thanks in advance to all the experts who provide such great info here.

Am flying YYZ-ZRH on AC878 in business and then ZRH-NBO on LX296 in business. Both my wife and I are *G.

Both flights (typically) arrive and depart from E.

Can anyone confirm that we can use either the Senator Lounge E or the Business Lounge E? The Swiss webpage says *G can access the senator lounge but that seems odd.

Also is the breakfast good enough in the lounge to skip the plane one?

Thanks
Can't speak for the breakfast in that lounge but the Senator lounges are *G lounges so you can certainly access the Senator lounge. From my experience of the main Senator lounge at ZRH the breakfast should be adequate.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Currently at the Swiss first lounge in concourse e.. Wow, is it quiet or what? I have around 4 hours to spare, and so far I've been here for 2 hours, and not a single other passenger around... Perhaps its not a busy time yet, but having the entire lounge to myself is a bit weird...

By the way, also tried to private dayrooms.. very nice and good to have.. Only fault I can point out is there's no work desk inside, and also quite a number of mosquitoes flying around... But otherwise very nice.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tfung
Currently at the Swiss first lounge in concourse e.. Wow, is it quiet or what? ...
I noticed the same thing. I was there around 10 AM and thought maybe I was there too early for the crowd
Old Aug 4, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat; 2 MM; Amex Rewards; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat.
Arrival/Departure/Lounge question

I will be on LX 41 from LAX to ZRH connecting to LX 1732 to FCO. I would like to spend some time in the new lounge in E but do not know which terminals will be used for my arrival and departure. Any information regarding the terminals I might expect and lounge recommendations would be appreciated.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by tfung
Currently at the Swiss first lounge in concourse e.. Wow, is it quiet or what? I have around 4 hours to spare, and so far I've been here for 2 hours, and not a single other passenger around... Perhaps its not a busy time yet, but having the entire lounge to myself is a bit weird...
Don't rely on that. When I entered the lounge today at around 8am, there were already 5 or 6 other people there, and the number was quite steady. Currently, 3 hours later, there are still a total of 6 people (including me) in there, but the noise level is quite low, basically the only thing you can hear is the waiters rapping dishes.

Addendum: Not being the only person in a first class lounge is just not acceptable. No way. And this is my Triple Seventh post, while looking down onto HB-JNA docked to the gate below..
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by bruce80
Addendum: Not being the only person in a first class lounge is just not acceptable. No way. And this is my Triple Seventh post, while looking down onto HB-JNA docked to the gate below..
I was literally the only one in the SEN E lounge a few months ago. This led to striking a bond with the Whisky sommelier. Started well, ended disastrously.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:41 am

With a disastrous headache the next day ?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss
I was literally the only one in the SEN E lounge a few months ago. This led to striking a bond with the Whisky sommelier. Started well, ended disastrously.
I was actually able to avoid that.. it was still 10am when I visited the whisky bar, and nobody was actually drinking (even though the lounge wasn't really empty). So I had a nice chat with the bartender (Marvin), and followed one of his recommendations. Fortunately enough, I were able to dismiss all of his attempts to give another recommendation

All the staff members on this day (the whisky guy, the F lounge dragons and the F lounge waiters) we're quite chatty that day.. I took the opportunity to inquire about the practice of heading to E lounges with an A departure, and doing so was actually recommended by two of them independently - but obviously there have been people missing their planes at the whisky bar..

By the way, the maximum load of the F lounge was 8 people (excluding me) after a "large" travel party had arrived shortly before I had to leave around 11:30pm. Full report will follow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.