Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A340 out of action

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2006, 6:45 am
Original Poster

A340 out of action

There is a thread on airliners.net saying that an A340 is out of action for ten days, resulting in last night's ZRH-HKG being cancelled. I am flying ZRH-HKG on the 02/12 and back on the 11/12. Has a replacement aircraft been found? Will they cancel more flights on this route?
Old Nov 30, 2006, 8:50 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
One plane is INOP indeed. If your flight is cancelled, you will be rebooked and should be contacted by LX reservations. However, I guess it won't hurt if you call them up real quick to reconfirm - maybe they don't have your contacts on file and you'd end up with an ugly surprise at the airport.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by airoli
One plane is INOP indeed. If your flight is cancelled, you will be rebooked and should be contacted by LX reservations. However, I guess it won't hurt if you call them up real quick to reconfirm - maybe they don't have your contacts on file and you'd end up with an ugly surprise at the airport.
Is it safe to assume that LAX flights will not be affected because the 340 is the only aircraft in the fleet that has the range for ZRH-LAX v.v.?

Is there an official timetable on when the subject aircraft will be back in service?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 2:48 pm

Programs: half orphan (ie. STC before, but not really happy with M&M)
the USS Yorktown (CV-5) was repaired within 3 days instead of the initially estimated 3 months

But she ship went down one week later
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by dsimon
Is it safe to assume that LAX flights will not be affected because the 340 is the only aircraft in the fleet that has the range for ZRH-LAX v.v.?
No. Dec 1 flights LX 40/41 ZRH-LAX-ZRH are cancelled.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Yak40
No. Dec 1 flights LX 40/41 ZRH-LAX-ZRH are cancelled.
Do you know how they are re-accomodating the passengers in all classes?
Old Dec 1, 2006, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by dsimon
Do you know how they are re-accomodating the passengers in all classes?
Sorry, I don’t know any details. According to the newspaper reports, LX said that passengers would be re-accommodated on other *A carriers. My guess would be LH.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Yak40
Sorry, I don’t know any details. According to the newspaper reports, LX said that passengers would be re-accommodated on other *A carriers. My guess would be LH.
Interesting. Thanks.

Do you know how they are rotating cities while the aircraft is out of service? I am flying those flights starting in about two weeks.

Thanks again.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 8:29 am

Programs: LH Sen; US Silver; AA Silver; Hilton Gold
I don't know what the plans are going forward, but I was booked on the LAX-ZRH, LX41 flight on Dec 1, and I was rebooked on a nightmare route LAX-ORD on UA, ORD-FRA on UA, and FRA-ZRH on LH. I had to leave LAX 9 hours early, and got to ZRH around the same time I would have anyway. Of course snowstorms in Chicago didn't help...

The only interesting bit was the ORD-FRA on a 747-400. Booked on C, I flew in the upper deck, which was ALMOST as nice, comfort-wise, as LH F on the upper deck. Food & service didn't compare, but seats and space were nice.

Good luck with your travels.

hurlimann
Old Dec 4, 2006, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by hurlimann
I don't know what the plans are going forward, but I was booked on the LAX-ZRH, LX41 flight on Dec 1, and I was rebooked on a nightmare route LAX-ORD on UA, ORD-FRA on UA, and FRA-ZRH on LH. I had to leave LAX 9 hours early, and got to ZRH around the same time I would have anyway. Of course snowstorms in Chicago didn't help...

The only interesting bit was the ORD-FRA on a 747-400. Booked on C, I flew in the upper deck, which was ALMOST as nice, comfort-wise, as LH F on the upper deck. Food & service didn't compare, but seats and space were nice.

Good luck with your travels.

hurlimann
Thanks for the information.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:44 am

Programs: M&M
I just got back last night on LX40 ZRH-LAX....340 no problem
Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by train lover
I just got back last night on LX40 ZRH-LAX....340 no problem
Thanks for the update.

I also see that ZRH airport website indicates that the aircraft in question is going back into service tonight operating ZRH-SCL/GRU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.