Wiki Posts
Search

Best views?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2006, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Best views?

Yo,

Will be flying LHR-ZRH (& ZRH-LHR) over the august bank holiday weekend on LX345.

Since I hear the approach into ZRH is fairly scenic (the Swiss Alps & all that!), I was idly wondering if it made much difference as to whichever side of the plane I sat on, for the best views? Or is both sides equally good?

TIA!
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:03 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Originally Posted by mrdini
Yo,

Since I hear the approach into ZRH is fairly scenic (the Swiss Alps & all that!), I was idly wondering if it made much difference as to whichever side of the plane I sat on, for the best views? Or is both sides equally good?

TIA!
I strongly suggest that you sit on the inside of the plane!
Old Aug 16, 2006, 3:42 am

Programs: LX Sen, SQ PPS
Daytime flights usually land on Runway 14. Not too much to see during the approach but the German Black Forest so side doesn't really matter.

Evening flights usually land on Runway 28. Alps, etc are on the left side (however, hard to be seen as it is dark during night)

Leaving Zurich, daytime A321 LHR flights usually start from runway 16 (right side preferrable), A320 from runway 28 (I prefer left side).

Evening flights start northwards - not much to be seen in any case.

Cheers, PL
Old Aug 16, 2006, 5:18 pm

Programs: some
For an absolutely scenic flight I recommend to due an ZRH-MXP run, great view of the alps and cheaper then the usual chartered scenic flights.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 3:01 am

Programs: LX, AZ, BA, LH, SA
Originally Posted by verve
For an absolutely scenic flight I recommend to due an ZRH-MXP run, great view of the alps and cheaper then the usual chartered scenic flights.

Yes, I agree, on a clear day the views of the Alps are wonderful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.