Wiki Posts
Search

SWISS FCL in ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2006, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
SWISS FCL in ZRH

Was in the SWISS FCL in ZRH (T1) Yesterday late afternoon. (First time for me in that lounge)

What a odd experience.

About 15 respectable, strong looking man (two traveling as couples having fur coated women with expensive pearl necklaces with them), talking very distinguished ... and me (hacking on my laptop).

All very well tied with expensive Armani clothes ... and me (casual dressed, as always).

All wearing very well cleaned patent-leather shoes, amazingly sparkling clean, ... and me (with my outdoor shoes - I had some walk to do at my customers facility on snow).

Hey, what is going on there? Only snobs? Never ever had such an experience. Who are those guys? Travelling F? In ties? Beeing HON? Hopefully not? Swiss Travel Club Circle? Probably! They will make HON soon? Oh dear !!!
Old Feb 2, 2006, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Was in the SWISS FCL in ZRH (T1) Yesterday late afternoon. (First time for me in that lounge)

What a odd experience.

About 15 respectable, strong looking man (two traveling as couples having fur coated women with expensive pearl necklaces with them), talking very distinguished ... and me (hacking on my laptop).

All very well tied with expensive Armani clothes ... and me (casual dressed, as always).

All wearing very well cleaned patent-leather shoes, amazingly sparkling clean, ... and me (with my outdoor shoes - I had some walk to do at my customers facility on snow).

Hey, what is going on there? Only snobs? Never ever had such an experience. Who are those guys? Travelling F? In ties? Beeing HON? Hopefully not? Swiss Travel Club Circle? Probably! They will make HON soon? Oh dear !!!
So why did LH really have to buy SWISS?

Simple answer: To teach us miserable looking HONs some manners! You better start your socialization process now!

They already work on a dress code for F lounges and cabins, to be effective on August 1.

Last edited by ulev; Feb 2, 2006 at 5:38 am
Old Feb 2, 2006, 7:42 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by ulev
So why did LH really have to buy SWISS?

Simple answer: To teach us miserable looking HONs some manners! You better start your socialization process now!

They already work on a dress code for F lounges and cabins, to be effective on August 1.

So what do they want us to dress (and behave) like???

Last edited by totti; Feb 2, 2006 at 8:45 am
Old Feb 2, 2006, 8:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, TK*G, Hertz PC, AVIS PC, Sixt Plat.
nice guys

It's too nice of you both ulev and totti.
You don't get the point at all.
If I read the lines correctly than its not at all against wearing ties, but looking and behaving like pimps. No offense, but that's what made the misery there for SleepOverGreenland!
The HON part surely was a joke.
I have not yet been in the ZRH FCL, but I know that a handfull of pimps would drive me crazy as well!
So please try to see this more open-minded and not as a criticism for HONs/equivalents in general. That's what my opinion is!
So for sure, travel and enjoy the skies!
Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:00 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by HamburgAround
If I read the lines correctly than its not at all against wearing ties, but looking and behaving like pimps. No offense, but that's what made the misery there for SleepOverGreenland!
I have not yet been in the ZRH FCL, but I know that a handfull of pimps would drive me crazy as well!
So please try to see this more open-minded and not as a criticism for HONs/equivalents in general. That's what my opinion is!
Well, I think I god it as well. Just an ironic thought. The point is that we all want to feel comfortable at lounges and while traveling. Having such strange guys in a lounge as SleepOverGreenland mentioned makes it much more difficult to enjoy the stay.

Cheers
Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Very well described. ^

In the FCT in FRA there are always a handful people with ties, others in Jeans and one older guy last Tuesday around noon in his F pyjama.
Everything is very relaxed in there. The difference in ZRH FCL was, that everybody looked AND acted so strongly stupid (behaved like an upperclass pimp - nice term ^ ).

By the way, I was not right, telling that I always fly in Jeans. I remember one FRA-BKK trip last year, where I entered the plane with my best suit and tie. Well, I had to go to a conference soon after arrival meeting with Asian customers and within the plane I immediately changed to the PJ (Wich was the blue van Laack and not really nice at that time).
Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:21 am

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Maybe I'm old fashioned guys, but I never had problems visiting the FCL in ZRH and I did it quite often in the last months. Travelling to Switzerland minimum once a week I'm happy about this new opportunity in ZRH. In GVA there is nothing similar. I think everyone should travel in his way - and if those visitors don't ask me why I'm travelling without suite and tie I don't care about that.
Salve Luigi
Old Feb 2, 2006, 4:07 pm

This was a joke, man. Cheer up.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 5:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I'll move this post to the Swiss forum as it is about Swiss lounge not LH or miles and more.

Kiwi Flyer
LH Moderator
Old Feb 3, 2006, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I'll move this post to the Swiss forum as it is about Swiss lounge not LH or miles and more.

Kiwi Flyer
LH Moderator
Will you move it back April 1st when Swiss Tracel Club is history?

The reason I posted it within LH is, that (1) as LH HON you can enter that lounge now and (2) Swiss Travel Club will be moved into Miles&More soon.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 2:52 am

Fcl Gva

Originally Posted by SenAOI
In GVA there is nothing similar.
Have they closed the First Class (Hon / Circle) lounge in GVA? It was there (keycode entry?) last time I looked. Pretty small and nothing very special, mind.

Rgds
Marvin
Old Feb 3, 2006, 2:57 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
When I go to a lounge, I look at the drinks, the seats the newspapers, etc... in other words how I will spend the hour or so waiting for my plane. I don't understand what is the problem with other people, Jeans or Armani coat, whatever, as long as I enjoy a quiet time in the lounge.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss
When I go to a lounge, I look at the drinks, the seats the newspapers, etc... in other words how I will spend the hour or so waiting for my plane. I don't understand what is the problem with other people, Jeans or Armani coat, whatever, as long as I enjoy a quiet time in the lounge.
While I agree somehow, I posted that thread, because it was so different. I know many airline lounges in Europe and North America and some in Asia. Usually there is a mix of people in mixed clothes doing different things. That afternoon there was no mix at all. I mean, they were all traveling independent one form each other. But still acting somehow very similar. The German term for that would be "gestelzt", which may best translate with "overblown".

Anyway, just a strange experience.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 7:34 am

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Marvin
Have they closed the First Class (Hon / Circle) lounge in GVA? It was there (keycode entry?) last time I looked. Pretty small and nothing very special, mind.

Rgds
Marvin
In GVA as a HON (or SEN) you have the choice between the LH SEN lounge or the Swiss lounge, but both don't reach the ZRH facilities (LH SEN lounge or Swiss F Lounge).
Salve Luigi
Old Feb 3, 2006, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SenAOI
In GVA as a HON (or SEN) you have the choice between the LH SEN lounge or the Swiss lounge, but both don't reach the ZRH facilities (LH SEN lounge or Swiss F Lounge).
Salve Luigi
Small correction, Sir: That is a *A Gold lounge in ZRH. The very small old LH SEN lounge has been closed a couple years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.