Search

Europe to JFK I class promotions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2006, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More Senator, CX Marco Polo Club, SQ Krisflyer
Europe to JFK I class promotions

Gang,

Anyone know of upcoming Biz offers for February departure ? I can leave from most stations in North West Europe ie CDG, FRA, AMS etc.. The least expensive one at normal price is from ATH but it doesn't make much sense for me to use it.

Cheers.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 1:32 pm

How about ZRH-EWR for 2999.-? Otherwise I would have a look at the C specials ex Germany.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 6:42 am
Original Poster

No promotions appeared over the last few weeks so I asked my local SWISS office to make up a fare. I think they did this as a favour rather than normal practice. They contacted the London pricing office for this since DUB-JFK/EWR is not on their contract this year, and came back with 2300 which I was roughly expecting and tkt has now been issued. More competitive fares can be found departing from AMS (1705) or BRU (2000) if anyone's looking.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 1:55 pm

Does your company have an annual contract with Swiss? I have never heard of a regular, individual traveler calling a local office to make up a fare, and am very curious .... Please give us more detail!
Old Feb 8, 2006, 6:18 am
Original Poster

No, it was an exception they made as they know me since the pre-Sabena/Swissair days. Apparently, each market has quite a bit of autonomy in producing fares, even for routes that would otherwise have little demand or that the website overcharges for. They had to call the London office several times to get a response and in the end the pricing manager told them to charge the ex UK fare in euros .ie GBP 1600 x 1.44. However, taxes were a shocking 234.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.