Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STC award booking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2006, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
STC award booking

I live in GVA, but my daughter lives with my ex in ZRH. I went on the STC web site to book award tix for myself and my daughter to fly ZRH->CPH->ZRH.

I really wanted to start/end my trip in GVA. Idea is to meet my daughter in ZRH and then drop her off in ZRH afterwards.

How can I extend my journey to add the GVA legs?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 1:34 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
If the ticket is already booked (and issued), then you can't. At least not technically, since altering the routing is not permitted. But I suppose you could try to call STC and ask for some flexibility on their part.

If the ticket is not booked yet, just go to the website again and check for an award GVA-CPH. The routing will most likely be suggested via ZRH anyway.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 1:39 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
If the ticket is already booked (and issued), then you can't. At least not technically, since altering the routing is not permitted. But I suppose you could try to call STC and ask for some flexibility on their part.

If the ticket is not booked yet, just go to the website again and check for an award GVA-CPH. The routing will most likely be suggested via ZRH anyway.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Thumbs down STC online booking does not allow different routings

I called STC Silver hotline and they were able to reissue a new ticket for me:
GVA->ZRH->CPH->ZRH->GVA.

They charged me 100 CHF to cancel my original booking and another 50 CHF service fee to rebook the award flight.

So, it cost 150 CHF to make the change.

I told the service desk that it was impossible to book an award ticket for a child via the web without booking at least one adult award ticket with the same itinerary.

They agreed and said that the only way to book this in the future is to book the adult award via the web and then call them and HOPE that there is still space available to book the child award ticket.

Not a great web solution!!!

Last edited by Gigantor; Jan 5, 2006 at 7:24 am
Old Jan 8, 2006, 11:55 am
Suspended

Thumbs down New Rules for Award Tickes?

Gigantor, don't expect too much from Swiss. It's most of the time frustrating for me when I want to book something with them.

By the way: Are there new rules for award bookings? I just wanted to book AMS-ZRH-TIP turnround ZRH stopover BEN.

The loser in Basle refused to issue the ticket, claiming I have to fly back to the same destination (AMS). As I argued there is no such rule, he argued that I cannot fly to Africa. As I argued that TIP is considered to be Europe he said "the supervisor..."....

Is there a new rule or just one other su*** in the call center? Am I the only one with such problems when I want to book tickets?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.