Search

ewr-zrh

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2005, 7:24 am
hvd
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, LX travelclub
ewr-zrh

Has anyone tried all business flight? How is it?
Old May 4, 2005, 11:37 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Thumbs up

I took the all-C flight in March. I liked it a lot for the following reasons:

- Fast boarding in Newark, no
Y passengers carrying their entire household with them...

- Seats are comfortable, I even prefer them over the A340 C seats; they're not flat, but you also don't slide to the floor.

- Staffing is adequate for the size of the plane, so service is reasonably fast

- The schedule fit my needs perfectly

Downsides:

- Newark airport is a dump, duty free shops don't have a very big selection

- No humidifier as in the A340.

All in all: I'll take that flight in the future whenever I can.
Old May 4, 2005, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
Thumbs up Great flight

I flew ewr zrh last month, great flight. Very quick boarding, all biz class, all biz people, no families, no tourists with no idea how to board. Boarding done in 10 minutes, quick push back, in flight service excellent, seats pretty good with lots of space.
Recommended. ^
Old May 4, 2005, 11:40 pm

>>Newark airport is a dump>>

I agree with you. Newark is depressing, especially at night.
Old May 5, 2005, 12:48 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by huegli
Does the A340 have a humidifier? How does it work? I just got off the BKK-ZRH flight and my skin is dry as always...
Old May 5, 2005, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I took the all-C flight in March. I liked it a lot for the following reasons:
- Fast boarding in Newark, no
Y passengers carrying their entire household with them...

Downsides:
- Newark airport is a dump, duty free shops don't have a very big selection

I thought duty-free was for tourists ?

business passengers (in all classes of cabin!) have occasionally been known to carry quite a bit of wheelie stuff on board .... and at outstations on EMB routes they routinely hold up the de-planing as we wait for their confiscated excess bags to be off-loaded for pick-up on the apron

humidifier ?
Old May 5, 2005, 1:45 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
I was told this is one of the main advantages of the A340, that the airconditioning system also humidifies the air. I don't know how much of a difference it makes and how exactly it works, but I felt less dried-out after my last A340 flight.
Old May 5, 2005, 7:21 am
hvd
Original Poster

A follow-up question - how crowded are these flights? I have been trying to use an AA first class award ticket to book the EWR_ZRH flight unsuccessfully. Is this flight generally so full that LX is holding the inventory?
Old May 5, 2005, 8:19 am

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
heavy loads

The flight is usually very full, so I doubt you will find free space until the last minute. Since it is high revenue for LX and they do need every penny, it makes business sense.
Old May 6, 2005, 12:30 am

I was told this is one of the main advantages of the A340, that the airconditioning system also humidifies the air. I don't know how much of a difference it makes and how exactly it works, but I felt less dried-out after my last A340 flight.
Here is an article on this topic... I am not sure whether the current A340 already have that system. From what I heard the new B787 will have some sort of humidifier... apparently a first. It wonder if it will make a big difference.

http://www.donaldson.com/en/aircraft...ary/033291.pdf
Old May 6, 2005, 4:00 am

Programs: LH Sen; US Silver; AA Silver; Hilton Gold
Definitely recommend the all-business flight to ERW

[QUOTE=huegli]I took the all-C flight in March. I liked it a lot

Just have to second this recommendation- agree with it completely. One thing to add- no other int'l flights arriving at the same time in ERW, in my limited experience, so customs was a snap.
Old May 6, 2005, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by hvd
A follow-up question - how crowded are these flights? I have been trying to use an AA first class award ticket to book the EWR_ZRH flight unsuccessfully. Is this flight generally so full that LX is holding the inventory?
Are you sure you're looking for inventory in Business class? Since EWR-ZRH is all-Business, there is obviously no First class availability.
Old May 7, 2005, 10:20 am
hvd
Original Poster

I was looking for business availability. Convenience of EWR and travel times suggested this was a good trade-off. Although flights showed plenty of C availability AA agents could find no availability for my ticket.
Old May 8, 2005, 2:25 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by hvd
I was looking for business availability. Convenience of EWR and travel times suggested this was a good trade-off. Although flights showed plenty of C availability AA agents could find no availability for my ticket.
general C availablilty only shows availability for paid tickets - award availability is different. I guess an AA agent can't see award availabilty on LX flights on his screen, but has to phone swiss to do such a booking (I am not completly sure of this, but I know, that the other way round, using LX miles for an award flight on AA, the swiss agent in ZRH had to phone AA).
Old May 13, 2005, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Rudi
general C availablilty only shows availability for paid tickets - award availability is different. I guess an AA agent can't see award availabilty on LX flights on his screen, but has to phone swiss to do such a booking (I am not completly sure of this, but I know, that the other way round, using LX miles for an award flight on AA, the swiss agent in ZRH had to phone AA).
AA agents can see LX award availability on screen and book the flights, at least based on my experience a few weeks ago.

AA does not show the same award availability as LX's web site shows. There were a few flights for which the LX web site showed available award seats but AA said no availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.